SAU Community

Stripped Interior

justinfox

After the last Eastern Creek track day I realised that my Nismo floor matt melted onto the carpet which melted into the tar underneath!

Since then I've stripped the interior of my R32 GT-R. All the tar is coming right out. I drove it to the paintshop to get the whole interior (cage included) resprayed and on the way there (only a 30 minute drive) my foot started burning!!!

NUTS! That layer of wooly heat/sound deadening material under there sure does block off a whole lot of heat!!! Any suggestions on what to do after the interior respray? I'm thinking of buying some heat proof blanket with adhesive backing and laying that out on the chassis and centre tunnel. Any other ideas out there?

lol. I could have warned you about this. if you think it's bad on your side, try the passenger side!!! much worse. I had my shoe melt to the floor in gtrjason's race GTR. was very painfull in the passenger seat after about 2 laps.

yes, you need the stick on, heat reflective silver stuff (like they use on space ships etc) and basically like the underside of the tranny tunnel with it, and a bit of the surrounding area. some kind of wrap, or coating on the front pipes wouldn't go astray either.

How about a Dynamat product?

http://www.dynamat.com/products_intro.html

Mainly used around here for sound deadening but their other products (Extremeliner, Dynaliner) do heat insulation.

Justin if you're interested ring Marty Price (FHRX) - I'm sure he can tell you all about it, and is a Dynamat retailer...

do it right the first time

Get some gold foil

Line the tranny tunnel and floorpan with it

that will solve almost all your problems

i would put some thermo blanket on teh floorboard also for secondary measure

justin oneday you must take me for a drive in your gtr, ive only ever sat in a gtr once, MADGTR oh so sweet... i would gladly be a floor insulator if it meant a HOT lap in your car, literaly!