SAU Community

Just Saw Spdkls Rx7 On Ch9 6pm News

Ruffels

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess they have had enough, i mean we all sit here and say its distgusting behaviour and they are pricks and being arrogant but look at how the hoons @ noble park acted. they rioted after the cops tried to stop illegal activities. how is it that we think thats ok, but the cops enforcing laws and making a strong presenece is all of a sudden "bad" and "disgusting" etc

im just looking at it from their point of view

if i was a super intendant or senior dude

i would have asked my team to goto chadstone too

maybe not break up stuff on purpose but certainly

show the presense and ruff a few feathers up

after all the concept of the police in the old days

was to have a presence and police stuff before

any crimes were commited, not after

i guess they have had enough, i mean we all sit here and say its distgusting behaviour and they are pricks and being arrogant but look at how the hoons @ noble park acted. they rioted after the cops tried to stop illegal activities. how is it that we think thats ok, but the cops enforcing laws and making a strong presenece is all of a sudden "bad" and "disgusting" etc

im just looking at it from their point of view

if i was a super intendant or senior dude

i would have asked my team to goto chadstone too

maybe not break up stuff on purpose but certainly

show the presense and ruff a few feathers up

after all the concept of the police in the old days

was to have a presence and police stuff before

any crimes were commited, not after

yes paul, thats right take the side of the cops, doing things like this for no real reason = bad and stuff

if your actually doing something wrong well i encourage it. Get your car towed because u were speeding doing burnouts or something well then thats too bad for you.

But wasnt he taking the car to a show ??? hardly doing anything illegal, hell ive seen cars sitting at autosalon sometimes with canarie stickers on the windows, its just wrong ...

i think what james said sums it up, nicely and short

what was said about it on the news report?

did the media portray it as more "hoon" related or did they actually discuss what REALLY happened?

from what ive heard the media seems to have supported BBT

the media arrived after my club had packed their stuff and left (after police defected one of our cars), and i missed the news so im not too sure but thats wat i heard.

who really cares about taking sides

if you have illegal modifications on your car, then you have illegal modifications. just because he an enthusiast or that he was in a public car show doesnt change that. its no different to having your car in autosalon. the car still has illegal modifications

Understand your point

but at autosalon they at least wait outside in the streets to grab u when ur leaving

which gives people choice of being able to tow their cars out

now having it parked and on display and having them enter and start giving out defects

Edited by MissyK

but theres no law that says they cant walk around autosalon

checking out your engine bay and submitting you to epa etc

assuming the plates are on, then they can do that

I suppose yes, which is why some people remove their plates or put different ones on etc

however, we were told to keep our plates on on thurs nite, otherwise we'd get in sht for having them off

i guess thats the part where owner onus applies and you accept all responsibility for what ever happens for having your car on display.

sure it sucks they broke it up, but if you break the law, well then yeah you break the law. its like complaining about going to jail for robbing a milk bar.

im sure they didnt defect cars that had nothing wrong with them and only cars who violated rules/regulations were defected.

i dont see how it being a demo or promo car makes it any different or magically gives it some special rules. "oh but its the demo car" so what

rally cars have to conform to all kinds of rules and regulations for driving between stages, they dont get a magical clause that allows them all kinds of illegal stuff.

again i totally agree with you. but lets just assume that the sponsors cars and some other owners cars there - that they dont use it as a daily driver. They should still be able to display their cars. If its not a daily driver and is a hobby car or what not, it should still be ok to display the car and lets assume they organise it to be towed and they dont drive it at all.

people will not pay to go to a car show or bother to visit (if free), if the cars there are completely legal aka STOCK. I can see a normal car out on the road.

I still blame all this sht on the hoon crap thats happening. if some twits out there were not complete morons then the police wouldnt be so strict. Its those idiots who drive like complete dix who ruin it for everyone else.

I have not once said anything bad about the police who came - and hello - i was there. I think its a little unfair they came INSIDE. They could have waited for us to drive out.

Edited by MissyK