SAU Community

Pics Of Fmic Fitment To S1 R33

benl1981

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keymake - is that the one floating round on the web? About hybrid install..

Did you guys have to trim the back of your indicators?

I've had to remake some brackets etc.

Must say that it isn't the most fun job. You feel like you're haking the sht out of your car hahah (Mostly all plastic though).

Might have to respray some of the bumper. Does anyone know if you can get the dark grey colour that is the darker tone on the 2 - tone silver and charcoal. The colour on the bottom part of the bumper and doors etc.

Keymake - is that the one floating round on the web? About hybrid install..

Did you guys have to trim the back of your indicators?

I've had to remake some brackets etc.

Must say that it isn't the most fun job. You feel like you're haking the sht out of your car hahah (Mostly all plastic though).

Might have to respray some of the bumper. Does anyone know if you can get the dark grey colour that is the darker tone on the 2 - tone silver and charcoal. The colour on the bottom part of the bumper and doors etc.

Not sure. I got sent this one from just jap. It's got Auto Bahn written on the top of the page.

Yeah I trimmed my indicators down as well. Refitting the front bar took more time than to fit the cooler.

As for the paint, Go to somewhere that mixes auto paint. Give them your paint code and they can put it in a pressure pack for you. Should cost about $35 for a 300ml pressure pack. See if you can find the paint code in the engine bay.

Thanks for the ideas - I think i have that article about the install..

I'm a bit annoyed that I might have to go back to a pod, Otherwise Maybe I can modify the snorkel and add another feed into the top of the airbox..

Anyways - the snorkel will need almost demolishing. What do others do besides running pods?

modify the snorkel. i couldnt find much direction anywhere besides running a pod in an enclosed box. making its not too bad. a few on here have done it. and ive posted this up before.

heres mine, im not a fan of pods either. seems to work fine:

post-35246-1180569213_thumb.jpg

post-35246-1180569232_thumb.jpg

Edited by jake33

Thanks Jake - nice pics. Will have to do that sometime. Did you add another feed since you have lost a bit of the inlet size?

Looks like I'm having to trim quite a bit of the fan blades - anybody had problems with the car running hot after doing this?

Also, it seems the top pipe just rests on the bonnet when you shut it. Can't really reposition it any better..these kits are a little dodge..not bad for the price though. Its resting on some insulation in one small area so should be ok I guess

Thanks Jake - nice pics. Will have to do that sometime. Did you add another feed since you have lost a bit of the inlet size?

Looks like I'm having to trim quite a bit of the fan blades - anybody had problems with the car running hot after doing this?

Also, it seems the top pipe just rests on the bonnet when you shut it. Can't really reposition it any better..these kits are a little dodge..not bad for the price though. Its resting on some insulation in one small area so should be ok I guess

hard to see by the pics but the inlet/mouth size hasnt changed that much.. a tiny bit smaller but thats all. no difference in temp, and feel absolutley no power loss. just running some plastic pipe up to the old stock cooler hole.. which obviously does nothing for CAI but somewhat.. is better than nothing..

hey jake how did you go about taking off the stock cooler?

I got the bolts and nuts off it's just the hose clamps on the other side of the metal chassis that I can't get to :)

i got my cooler installed at a workshop man. cant help ya. if ya got new clamps for the new FMIC then if there impossible to undo just cut the clamps off and you will have new clamps for the FMIC anyway.

They usually do ben because of the tight space you're working with (either hit the rad fan and have to trim it more, or hit the bonnet). Hitting the bonnet doens't necessary possess a problem. My strut brace touches the shield thing, and apart from marking it (putting an indentation in it, it deosn't do anything).

In regards to cutting the fan, i never noticed it running much hotter (not my car), but I have noticed that it CAN make wear the fan bearing wear quicker (since the fan is no longer balanced).