SAU Community

Autosalon - Sydney - Sau

NSA11N

The track theme sounds good.

Heres another.

we could make the flooring look like the streets of japan.

IE:we park our cars next to fake painted cardboard gutters with jap looking light poles and signs.

Or you could do a workshop theme drive the cars up on ramps.The only thing is those of us with low front bars.EEK.And use empty toolboxes scattered arround.empty oil,funnels.a shifter etc..

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the track theme is good but not as practical as the workshop theme. it is alot easier to set up the workshop, have a few car of stands, a few of those big red tool boxes, scattered tool, those massive oil tins, funnels, sparkies, leads scattered, even those big industrial fans, ppl could dress in overalls, also those big jacks, those sliding boards you lay on, cant think what they're called.....

my 2 cents....'

good luck guys.....i c u all out there

Guest Joeyz
I think the track theme is good but not as practical as the workshop theme. it is alot easier to set up the workshop, have a few car of stands, a few of those big red tool boxes, scattered tool, those massive oil tins, funnels, sparkies, leads scattered, even those big industrial fans, ppl could dress in overalls, also those big jacks, those sliding boards you lay on, cant think what they're called.....

my 2 cents....'

good luck guys.....i c u all out there

Hi, Those sliding boards are creepers.

I used to be a mechanic and have a Big Red Toolbox ful of tools. I dont know a lot of what you all are planing, the only thing, my tool box is a Snap-on limited edition HRT one. Would be more than happy to help out the SAU stand if needed. Let me know!

If you need a pic of it i can get one!

what sayem at the meeting we talk about it.

Hi all - i guess if we all post a few ideas before sundays meeting we'll have a clearer picture of what people are thinking about etc - i personally think that we should steer well clear of a theme & simply display the cars as a part of SKYLINES AUSTRALIA CAR CLUB - keeping it simple with Skylines Australia banners flags etc & let the cars speak for themselves - i have never seen a "theme" at auto salon doesnt look "tacky & cheap" - well for sports cars anyway - (neons & chrome chequerplate & fluffy stuff & mirror balls & playtstations & tv's - can all be a bit "FLASHY" for a sportscar !!) - even toolboxes & tools everywhere could be too much!! - i always believed that pauls original idea was to display a good selection of well set up & excellently presented sports cars - this kind of approach in my opinion shows "class & style" - i couldnt imagine that a theme would do anything other than detract from the cars !! - well thats my 5 cents worth - im happy to be out voted on the day of the meeting but nevertheless need to put my thoughts across - see you all next sunday at chillies - cheers malcolm :(

Edited by malcolm

I also would like to keep this autosalon simple and just display the cars and make ourselves known by the banner and other SAU items around the display...and let the cars do the do the showing as there are many other Autosalon to come that we can get bigger and better as we go along.

Thats my 2 cents aswell

:(

hey guys

sorry had to pull out this sundays meet

got army during the day

ummm hope you guys come up with a awesome idea n get all the talk done

and keep it posted :)

ppl could dress in overalls, also those big jacks, those sliding boards you lay on, cant think what they're called.....

Hot looking women could dress in overalls, also those big jacks, those sliding boards you lay on, cant think what they're called.....

ok - so maybe that is a bit sexest - but it is a car show....

All,

Hope to see you all there at Chili's. I will be arriving at 12 and be at the bar until 12.30 and we can grab a table or two and order after 12.30. Bring your car if you can.

Thanks

i dont know if i will be rideing in my car.i seem to have a either a bubble in my front tyre, a buckled rim, or somthing like a melted peice of rubber.i will check now actually.

BTW:are we meeting @ 12-12:30?