SAU Community

Turbo Gaskets

ali-turko

hey guys

i just wondering if its possible to buy a complete turbo gasket kit? like dump pipes, manifolds ect...

or do i have to buy them one by one.

and whats the best place to get them cause they expensive bloody things

thx guys

The best ones are the genuine Nissan items.

I have a set...2...supplied to me at $25each ...Did not use them cause the mechanic said they would not last.

Ring up Nissan...or get a mechanic to buy them for you...this is the cheapest way.

Hope I have been of some help.

Honestly, with gaskets, go genuine nissan. If you don't, you'll be banging your head against a brick wall thinking why did I save those few bucks.

Many $$ later, or many skinned knuckles later, you will have done the job twice when it should have been done right the first time.

Those aftermarket gaskets are shit. They're thin foil with some goo sandwitched between. They can be blown out and don't last.

the genuine nissan gaskets are a solid metal like copper or something.

• 3 months later...

umm. kk.

best way to do it is not touch the water lines on the turbos. just the pipe fittings at the rear.big bango in the middle and the oil/water bangos on the comp cover brackets.

and loosen all the ones on the block. the front and rear turbos come off the manifolds at the same time. ps.. nice good quality open end stubby spanners is needed.

should take 4-5 hours iff all gos to plan drive in/out