SAU Community

Tyre Selection Question

FineLine

Ive heard the Bridgestone RE 55s are good, probly go a 265/35/18.

or Dunlop but i think they are more expensive.

I can put you on to a guy that deals in secondhand performance tyres.

I scored 285 pirelli P zero for $85 each. They had about 35% tread but these tyre are close to $1000 each brand new.

And 2x Dunlop SP3000 80% tread for $150.

Edited by subzeroR33

Ive heard the Bridgestone RE 55s are good, probly go a 265/35/18.

or Dunlop but i think they are more expensive.

I can put you on to a guy that deals in secondhand performance tyres.

I scored 285 pirelli P zero for $85 each. They had about 35% tread but these tyre are close to $1000 each brand new.

definitely interested sub. whats the contact bloke?

Do a search for Hornibrook Motorsport in the QLD section.

I was looking at Dunlop, Advan, Bridgestone or Kumho. In order from least expensive to most expensive:

Bridgestone RE55

Kumho V70A

Dunlop DZ02G

Advan A048

I was told at the time finding Bridgestone RE55s in Australia was difficult due to Bridgestone's F1 commitments.

Mate, have a chat to Michael at Treads

Importer of 2nd tyres and has semi slick

Let him know that you got his detail from the Skyline Forum. They should take care of you!

IF you go with 2nd hand tyres, just make sure you have a good look at them. make sure the tyre is ok, no damage, etc.

There's the details

Treads International Pty Ltd

Address: 17 Robson St Clontarf Qld 4019

Telephone 07 3283 5134

Mate, have a chat to Michael at Treads

Importer of 2nd tyres and has semi slick

Let him know that you got his detail from the Skyline Forum. They should take care of you!

IF you go with 2nd hand tyres, just make sure you have a good look at them. make sure the tyre is ok, no damage, etc.

There's the details

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...s+international

tried that pear. Michale is no longer there and they dont have anything suitable. Thanx for trying tho bud.

Terry, thanks for the update! I removed the link from my post!! bloody viruses!

Noel, last time I asked they had more 17" semi slicks... but they did have a good selection of 18" various brands and quality.

damn, didn't know Michael had left, he alway gave me a good deal!

What mods and power figure does your car have?? Knowing this will better help us understand what sort of tyre you require to get your traction issues under control. In many cases a decent road tyre will get a mildly modified gts-t's power to the ground with minimal spin.

Federal RR595 maybe? andy runs them on his gtst, however he has traction issues in the first 2 gears :P

nah seriously, if uve only got 1 set of rims, and i presume ud drive the car on the street alot, maybe the federals would suit u good caus they would be the most cost effective semi.

I ran falken azenis on a 400hp 33 and they, when new, were good for traction except under hard acceleration in 1st & 2nd....i'd honestly be thinking about whether you REALLY need to spend this amount on tyres and whether you can spend the money elsewhere, but thats just my 2c.

I just went and got some tyres from the Tyre King, $130 each for new firenzas 225x16x50, but I also asked about some drag rims/tyres, he can do some 16"AU rims with 235/45 tyres for $88 each but I will give these a try first as they def have more grip than the last ones.

I wouldnt run RE55s and the like as your daily tyres, thier life will be measured almost in hours lol

Like Shane said I use federal 595RS's they are pretty good, far better grip than any of the road tyres I have used (K104s, T1R's Ect) and they seem to be wearing pretty well, I have had then since July and I drive 90km each way to work everyday I have also done 1 trackday and a few "mountain cruises" and they are still well over 50%

As a road going semi slick I would say they are close to the best compromise between wear and grip

i have got federal 595's on aswell, but they arent the semi slick ones, but the as a road tyre are good value for money and are wearing well. and have a fair bit of grip, and they arent expensive either.

ahh that would be the SS595's

never tried them but a few of my mates reckon they are good bang for your buck