SAU Community

Gtr Bov On Gtst

stealth

Hi all Skyline nutters,

I currently have a BOV plumb back on the car which seems to be leaking sometimes at idle (like the brass valve get stuck in slightly opened position) and sometimes on the way to full boost (seems to stutter randomly).

I was going to replace it with a HKS SSQ, but have elected to replace it with a GTR BOV

- how many others have tried this simple conversion successfully?

Currently running a GT3540R turbo at around 1.1bar, so needs to hold the pressure not only at full boost but also when driving around town.

Any feedback would be good. It seems logical that it would work effectly without having to spend the big bucks

Cheers :sorcerer:

I'm running a gtr bov succesfully. Straight bolt in - bolts onto plenum. For the larger outlet of the gtr bov (flows more), I just used the gtr rubber hose over the gtst hose with a hose clamp

r31nismoid - ash is running one with big power.

Gt-shortie is also running one with a highflowed vg30 turbo.

Gtr bovs are proven time and time again. In twin form on the rb26s, a lot of the crazy power gtrs are still running the pair.

Edited by MANWHORE

GTR Bov (from gtr33), was a Direct bolt onto the std bov position (RB25)

BUT

The rubber return pipe for the plumbback into the intake WASn't a direct fit.

i tried pirtek and shopped around to find someone to make me a rubber hose without any success BUT for the mean time i just forced the bigger return rubber hose from gtr bov over the std rb25 rubber hose with additional clamps,..

cheers :)

How would two rb25 std bovs work? As im sure i have 3 or 4 of the mofos lying around in the workshop. Was considering changing from the atmo to two stds for plumback setup on the racecar.

Has anyone had any experience with them? Im thinking i would have to weld up that bleed off hole which they may have, i remember my old rb20 bov had one, not 100% if the 25 ones have em though.

yeah, rb25 bovs also have the bleed hole.

someone told me that if u put a pop rivet in the bleed hole of the stock BOV its better for it, but i cant remember why?

anyone know why he woulda said that?

someone told me that if u put a pop rivet in the bleed hole of the stock BOV its better for it, but i cant remember why?

anyone know why he woulda said that?

Blocking that hole off is supposed to make boost response better and come on harder because it won't be escaping through it. Some guys just use hot glue to block it. I used duct tape.

Blocking that hole off is supposed to make boost response better and come on harder because it won't be escaping through it. Some guys just use hot glue to block it. I used duct tape.

does it "flutter" more with the hole blocked?