SAU Community

When Other People Turn Right From The Left Lane....

tuitahi

On my way to meet my wife at the hospital for our baby ultrasound (girl by the way!), I had the unfortunate displeasure of having my car rammed by an idiot.

This lovely individual was stationary in the left lane, about 50 meters up the road from me, with their right indicator on. As I approached in the right lane I wondered what they were doing, so I slowed down, guessing they were not quite sure themselves. After I decided no action was going to take place I maintained my speed and continued in my lane.

Of course... this person was planning to turn into a lane way on the right side of the road. And given there were no other cars in the area they were apparently just waiting for another car to get in their way before doing so.

Below are the results;

Now, time to get some quotes.

Reccomendations for a good repairer around Guildford/Parramatta/Smithfield/etc...??

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Wouldn't you just let your insurance handle it?

I will, they have given me some repairers to choose from. But I have the option to choose one of my own so I thought I'd try to find somone really good.

damn! didnt anyone stop after impact?

Yeah, we stopped and exchanged details. The lady was quite afraid of me actually, and I thought I was rather calm considering.... lol!

Congrats on the baby girl!

Thanks dude! I just keep reminding myself about the little baby in my wifes tummy and then the car really doesn't seem so bad.

On my way to meet my wife at the hospital for our baby ultrasound (girl by the way!), I had the unfortunate displeasure of having my car rammed by an idiot.

Now, time to get some quotes.

Reccomendations for a good repairer around Guildford/Parramatta/Smithfield/etc...??

Congrats on the baby!

As for repairs, I wish I could help. I haven't had to chase down a repairer in quite a while - and I hope I never have to. In saying that, you're lucky in that you've got a huge choice here in the areas you're looking at. May I suggest using someone the pretige new car dealers also use, but who also have experience with Skylines and imports in general...

Congrats on yr new family member!! and for the car go and see ENZO at BERLINA BODY WORKS on Parramatta Rd. Leichardt

It's across from Rick Damelian.. and tell them Marsss said to say hello... they mainly do Ferraris there so yr guaranteed an excellet job.

:(

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

After quotes and an insurance assessment, the car is going to Hume Smash Repairs @ Lansvale. I'm really happy with them and the work they had there. All top quality and a bunch of Skylines and other high performance imports.

I'm getting all the parts brand new so nothing will be bogged up, now I just have to wait as I'm pretty sure they are all ex-japan :rofl:

Dude didnt see the thread till now..

No wonder i havnt seen your car each morning..

Sorry to hear man..

Btw if you need some side indicators i can give you my stock ones if you need it.. Seems like the clear ones are smashed..

Btw insurance all cool with it? So the other party is paying right??

Hope you get your car fixed soon..

Btw congrats on the baby girl.. You must be over the moon.. :P

Edited by siddr20

Dude didnt see the thread till now..

It only happened yesterday arvo, it was actually the first time I drove my car to work in over 8 weeks. I was waiting most of that time for Nengun to send me my new fuel pump. lol

Insurance will pay for everything, so its all good. The assessor actually ummed and ahhhed about writing it off, saying they're not worth much nowadays, etc... I convinced him to fork out for the ~$8k bill though.

And... I am so over the moon. Honestly, all the acts of violence that run through my head when I think of the car are banished by the thoughts of a little baby on the way :P