SAU Community

Os Twin Plate In R32 Gtr. Pin Ball?

I just bolted in a os twin plate in a 32 GTR and when I was bolting the slave on the trans I noticed that the clutch fork was stiff in the housing. Do I need to use a shorter pin ball with this set up????? I can only bolt one bolt in the slave. If I forced the other one in the hole the car would drive with the clutch slightly depressed and I dont want to do that. Just seems like this shorter pin ball will work. Anyone ran into this problem before???

okay I tryed the new pin ball, No dice. It seems that it would work but now the fork doesnt even rest on the pin ball. It now rests on the housing itself. The pin ball needs to be that size so I am now stumped :(

Thanks guys!! That picture above makes lots of sence. I figured it could have been something like that but since I pulled the carrier I am using out of a Z32 that had a twin plate in it I thaught it would be good and also from the fly wheel to the diaframs on the pressure plate were both 3" inches on the stock GTR unit and the OS unit so figured it would be okay.

Now since I only just needed a little bit more play in this system I just took out the thick washer under the pin ball and used a thinner one to give me a little extra give in the pivot and it did the trick just fine!! Clutch feels good now!!!!

Thanks for your fast responces!!