Leather R32 & Cefiro Gear & Hand Brake Boots Group Buy

pablo101

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey just thought id add a few pics n such to your step by step, feel free to edit as you like.

1. Take old handbrake boot out. You just gota wiggle it a little and it will pop out at the front n back

post-31501-1195424179_thumb.jpg

2. Push leather inwards (so you can see the bottom metal frame) and put the old handbrake boot on top of the new boot on top.

post-31501-1195424219_thumb.jpg

3. You should now have the metal from the old boot and new boot sitting on top of each, Make sure it is lined up evenly.

post-31501-1195424296_thumb.jpg

4. Push the metal on the new boot at the same bend in the old boot so they are both bent at the same place.

5. Keep adding pressure to the metal on the new boot so after the bend it is touching the metal of the old boot.

post-31501-1195424329_thumb.jpg i didnt get it much closer than this but it still went in fine n dandy

6. Put them side to side to make sure they are bent in same place on the same angel etc, and fine tune as needed.

7. if you were stupid enough to put the gear boot over the handbrake boot and wonder how the f your going to bend em to match smak yourself in the head like i did, see idiots example below

post-31501-1195424462_thumb.jpg

also i dont know why there is attachments at the bottom of this message but they not ment to be there :) and added trader reference for you.

havnt done the gear boot yet, dose the lil surround plastic just pop out with a screwdriver? im assuming thats what you do but i thought i better ask before i brake the damn thing.

post-31501-1195424254_thumb.jpg

Edited by gzilla

havnt done the gear boot yet, dose the lil surround plastic just pop out with a screwdriver? im assuming thats what you do but i thought i better ask before i brake the damn thing.

Great work with tutorial :no:

Gear boot is the easiest to do, just take out the surround by pulling it towards yourself and unlocking it, but be careful not to snap the little plastic things that hold it in place.

dont worry i can make an ordeal out of the simplest task :/

havnt had much time to play with it and stupid me should have paid more attention to how it was before pulling it apart.

this is how it should look yeah? with the tip of rubber hanging out a tiny bit

post-31501-1195611552_thumb.jpg

that metal ring is friggen hard to make budge. fortunately my cars only a weekend toy so i can take my time playing with these things, otherwise i woulda just thrown it on without the stupid metal ring holding it in place as it seems to hold fine n dandy with just the rubber band thing

alternatively to messing round with these silly leather things, any one think of going for the ferrari style metal plate with the gear pattern cut into it? :rolleyes:

post-31501-1195625878_thumb.jpg

Edited by gzilla

gzilla I am happy to see my guide helped you out abit. I dunno if I mentioned in my walkthrough about it being for the Handbrake boot not the gear stick boot ;) . It's good to see you have added pictures as well as I didn't think to take photos when I installed mine so good work on adding the photos. The gearstick boot is very easy to install really no bending involved you just have to get it sit in the clips and your all done. It will take you about 2 minutes to do, if you want I can go and rip my gearboot out and take some photos and do a quick write up for you.

Edit

I noticed Pablo said about just pulling the gearstick boot towards yourself I personally wouldn't recommand this as you have a High chance of breaking the clips. The easiest way is pulling out your ash tray and sticking your hand in and down towards where the surround for the gear boot is. You should feel near the center of the gear stick surround a clip that you can push towards the gearstick and it will undo the 2 clips on that end of the surround you can then pull the surround out.

Edited by Triptych

ok been a bit busy but heres a pic of how it looks on the flip side, ok so i bent the metal to fit there's a rather big gap in it now so it dosnt go all the way around but its tight as hell that leather aint moving anywhere :dry:

post-31501-1195899761_thumb.jpg

note when your doing this people the lower you put the rubber the tighter the gear stick leather will be, which i prefer the look of but on my 1st attempt i went a lil to far and putting it in 2nd or reverse cause the plastic to almost jump out

post-31501-1195899744_thumb.jpg here's the end result, with my chunky gear knob you cant see the top rubber bit all. very happy with it now :D

i couldnt find the clip in the middle with the ashtray out on mine, i found the left 1 though so i managed to pop 1 side out nice n easy which made the other side come out a lil easier.

cheers for the help all

pablo, are these all gone? Or is 7yphon's still there pending payment? Will be able to send you his payment Wednesday night, as he doesn't have internet banking.

there are 2 sets left, one is payment pending for R334door(s2) and the other is still up for grabs, so if you two can work out something (who will pay and how) I can hold it for you/him :P