SAU Community

Rb26 Head Porting

interesting, i stand corrected then... from what a fair few ppl told me the cost/gain ratio wasnt worth it but ill look into it... so how much are we looking at here to get an rb26 head ported?

A basic tidy up certainly isnt going to hurt thats for sure.

SK prices are pretty much there, you might be able to get to around 1k. It really depends on what needs to be done, and what does not

dont trust the bogan shops up here with it..

also i dont think anyone up here actualy does porting

yeah there are some dodge dyno shops up there for sure, i can remember my last training trip up there.

What a ported head should look like ----> http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=161673

Looks like a half port job to me.... You havent actually taken anything out which causes the majority of restriction. As soon as you get to the divider, this is where material comes out all the way to the valve seat. Inbetween those you have to determine how much material comes out for best flow according to the expected chacteristics of the inlet/exhaust pressure and velocity. I know the inlet looks like its nicely ported (no close up pics, hard to tell) but the exhaust, where the majority of the restriction is on an rb26 is as I said in my opening sentence.

Maybe SK will post a nice example of a ported head and if he doesnt, I wouldnt blame him. A lot of work is gone into finding out where to take material out for the best final port. Its not just remove 2mm all round.

Edited by 180bfj20det

Looks like a half port job to me.... You havent actually taken anything out which causes the majority of restriction. As soon as you get to the divider, this is where material comes out all the way to the valve seat. Inbetween those you have to determine how much material comes out for best flow according to the expected chacteristics of the inlet/exhaust pressure and velocity. I know the inlet looks like its nicely ported (no close up pics, hard to tell) but the exhaust, where the majority of the restriction is on an rb26 is as I said in my opening sentence.

Maybe SK will post a nice example of a ported head and if he doesnt, I wouldnt blame him. A lot of work is gone into finding out where to take material out for the best final port. Its not just remove 2mm all round.

Care to elaborate with specific facts? I take it you are quite familiar with RB head design and port flow, and know both what you are talking about with regards to RB heads and SK's henchmans capabilities.