SAU Community

Stereo Thieves

cyrius

Something I thought never would happen to me, just happened to me today, I couldnt belive it!!, get to my car and everythin was missing, even the custom box i made for the whole lot, grrr

Well heres my page shows what I USED to have and the damage the theives done.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/cyrius (Out Dated)

Some people seriously need to have more respect for our cars and especially our soundsystems.

Well i just posted this to stress my anger towards people like this. Well keep your cars safe people and make sure to get the most out of them.

As an ex-owner of an R30 hatch I can sympathise with your loss.

The first time my car was broken into they smashed the dash trying to get the CD player out. The next time they took the whole bl**dy car and wrote it off.

Guest Brian

noticed in your link "they even kept the trim and lock" I would invest in new locks.

The mongrels will wait until you/insurance buys a new unit, meanwhile they take the lo they stole down to the locksmith because "they lost the damn key" and the locksmith creates a key from the lock, dead easy and takes about 15 mins.

GO CHANGE YOUR LOCKS dude. otherwise it will be even quicker for them to get in, and you might not have your car this time, they might decide to dri somewhere more convenient to drive away and steal the stuff.

My thoughts an advice from experience, Brian.

I have a CYCLOPS S35c Security System, includes dual imobilisation, Doors Bonnet Boot Protection, Shock sensing, Glass Break Detection, Horn Pulse with alarm.... well it is pretty good anyway, only had it installed about 4 months ago, long after i had my previous system in the car.

But anyway, apperently the thief was sitting in the car ripping everything out while the alarm was going, it was in broad daylight in a reasonably busy area.

I was going to get deadlocks for the doors and hatch but hadn't got that far yet, if i did so they wouldn't have been able to get in so easy through the hatch..

well another possibility was just to simply rip all the locks out, patch them over, and make use of the keyless entry, so you can't 'jimmie' a lock that doesnt exist.

Well on the brightside I dont really need to worry about car security anymore since there is nothing left in it for thieves.

Guest Brian
Originally posted by BOoStEr

As an ex-owner of an R30 hatch I can sympathise with your loss.

The first time my car was broken into they smashed the dash trying to get the CD player out. The next time they took the whole bl**dy car and wrote it off.

Above is perfect example of either getting ALL the locks changed, or selling your car an getting a new one.

First breakin, they steal the stereo, smash everything up, and nick a lock, the secon time, the use thei new key to unlock the car, and drive off, as if they own it, usually that's the last time you see the car in 1 piece if at all.

B.

Brian you made a good point about them taking the lock, I hadn't even thought about that, Thanks, but still it has dual immobilisation though ignition and fuel, security is all black wired so i can imagine it taking a long time to be able to override the system.

after mentioning that about the locks, I think I will get a set of dead locks as soon as possible.

any suggestions, my mate just got a set of SOLEX deadlocks for about $80, do you think they would be secure enough.

Guest Brian
Originally posted by cyrius

Brian you made a good point about them taking the lock, I hadn't even thought about that, Thanks, but still it has dual immobilisation though ignition and fuel, security is all black wired so i can imagine it taking a long time to be able to override the system.

after mentioning that about the locks, I think I will get a set of dead locks as soon as possible.

any suggestions, my mate just got a set of SOLEX deadlocks for about $80, do you think they would be secure enough.

nothing will secure your car, sorry mate...

I have 3 way immobilisers on my old cordia turbo, and a friend showed my in 45 sec how to start the car without the key, he lifted the bonnet, hooked wires everywhere, got in the car, and bang, she started, yet the immobilisers told us the car was immobilised.

Dont know wht he did, but it wasn't hard.

B.

ofcourse it isnt impossible, you only need to supply the engine with fuel and a healthy spark and she'll run regardless, but with efi i think the immobilisation trips something in the ECU for fuel management making the injectors useless, but if they desperate enough they'll always find a way, i've heard of thieves bringing theor own ECU's, ripping the old 1 out plugging in theirs, then startin up the car.

but i seriously cant imagine too many people around here being clever enough to do what your mate did tho.

shit man... thats bloody unreal ... i can't beleive how good these theives are ... what the hell are they doing stealing cars?? ... i'm going to be extra careful where i park my car now ... i can't beleive no one did anything if they hear an alarm go off ... people these days ... .

Did i mention there were witnesses to it, they came and saw me when I got to my car, the guy sed 'he was affraid to confront him because he thought the guy might attack him with a crowbar or something'

ahh well they gave me the registration number to the theives car so good on em.

What would be the best locks to get to secure the car as much as possible, It just needs to be used as a deterence since the locks I have now are obviously no good.

:P:D :D

Had a call from the police this morning, the thief has been arrested

Im happy, thats another one off the street, now i jus have to wait for the court case to go through where he will need to pay for everythin that was stolen and any damge to the car.