SAU Community

I Am A Bloody Idiot. Please Read And Help

Hey guys

The other day, i was on the freeway.

A Black 2000 Model SS commodore came up next to me.

So, i thought i would be a sik C***, and try and race him, thinking i would win.

Anyway, we raced, and obviously he chopped me cause he has a 5.7L V8 in it.

But, thats not the point.

An Undercover Highway patrol cop car was hiding, and he clocked me doing 190km/h in a 80 Zone.

I tried to escape, but he got me.

I know have to go to court, Just wondering if any of you guys know someone who has been in a similiar situation?

What am I looking at getting? 2 years license cancelled? 3 years? 5 years?

This isn't my first offence for speeding, i have lost license 3 times b4, and now this would be the 4th time.

This is my second major offence, as my first was driving whilst suspended.

So please, anyone have a accurate predication as to what I am looking at? Also how much would the fine be?

Thanks Fellas

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sounds like you are in serious trouble...

i would get a lawyer to help you out....

i would at least say that you won't be driving (legally anyway) for at least 2 years.....

seeing this is your 3rd time you have lost your licence, it seems you haven't learnt ur lesson. 190 in an 80k zone is just mad and stupid. I hope they take away your licence for life and confiscate your car as well. The roads will be a safer place.

How about try learning from your mistakes.

Keep it to the race track, that way you wouldn't be in this predicament.

Besides, if you just snub off the SS, it would probably piss him off even more. Just give his car the once look over and make out like his not worth the waste of petrol. That really gets them fired up :laughing-smiley-014:

adrenalines a bitch isn't it. My guess is the magestrate will rape you.

I am not much better, I have been busted twice for getting sideways. Both times I got nice cops and got off with a warning. I have to be very careful now. sorry I couldn't help more, maybe try looking on the RTA site or do a google search.

What state are you in?

Did you get clocked on radar? Did you site the radar reading?

What happened to the guy in the commodore?

What did you tell the cop when he pulled you over?

These are all factors in what will happen now, inlcuding whether you want to / can have any chance of fighting it successfully in court?

Bro,

Addicted to speed is no worries, loving your monster is also no worries... however... racing it on a normal road is not a good move... especially when this is your fourth time... I got a friend in the same situation as you... so I guess, I can speak to you with some degree of knowledge...

This is what you can expect (or a long the lines of this)...

1. You will definitely lose your drivers license

2. You will be taken to court, charged with reckless driving, endangerous traffic or something like this...

3. Depends your age and how the court finds you, imprisonment up to 6 months is not out of the question...

4. Moreover, you will be fined... my friend got something like $4,000 for some offense.

Let's just say, the sky will be a bit gloomy for you for the next couple of months if not the remainder of the year... so take it easy and learn from this lesson... no more!!

Cheers,

I am in NSW.

Yeah, I got clocked on the radar. the exact speed limit was 187km/h, in a 80km/h zone.

I'm not sure what happened with the guy in the commodore, As they chased me, and he drove off. I'm guessing they got his number plate with the camera mounted to the dashboard.. The cop told me he has us both on video.

The cop didn't say much. Just took my license off me on the spot, and gave me a court date.

And oh........ I would definitely get on a good Solicitor now!!!!!! Get legal advice ASAP and start planning ahead as you will be on rocky roads for a long time to come...

Sorry mate, I know it's harsh reality... but street racing must stop... so many lives being destroyed because of it... I used to be a street racer too... nearly lost my life... nearly left my Wife and family, friends behind... not worth it.... speed signs are there for a reason... it's the law... you break the law and it will crippled you in half... that's the name of the game..

However, it's not too late... learn from this mistake bro... good luck with your situation...sorry to hear this!

WELL ID SAY 5 YEARS MIN,YOU MIGHT EVEN LOOS YOUR CAR SECNE THIS WILL BE YOUR FORTH TIME

YOU WILL DEFF NEED A LAWYER IF YOU WANT TO DRIVE AGAIN

START PEDDLING MATE, COS IT WILL BE A LONG TIME UNTIL YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DRIVE LEGALY

YOU WANA COME UP WITH A BLUDDY GOOD REASON Y THE HELL U WERE DOING 180+

THE JUDGE WILL BE PISSED :cheers:;)

Edited by SMOKE'M

I tried to escape, but he got me.

???

as in you tried to hide in traffic or exited and they found u or like code 5 chase on need for speed ?

they've got u pretty bad to start with ...

what u did after the lights came on goes to character and may impact on what happens.

talk to ur lawyer etc obviously ... are they going just for speeding though ?

(speeding/dangerous driving/faliure to.../driving in a manour.../hooning/etc etc???)

good luck with it - sorry not much help.

No offense but guys like you should stick to bicycles.

If this was your first offense, then I would understand but 4th time? Get our head out of your ass buddy :cheers:

And yeah you will need a good lawyer and some good money to pay for it all.

You play, you pay!

holy sh*t ur gna get ass f*kt by the judge. looking at the age, ur driving records & the car u were doing it as well.... good luck mate.

^^^ i would agree with SMOKE'M as well.. if you can sell it while u can or at least put it in some elses name before they take it..

guys correct me if i am wrong but this is your 4th offence and all and considering the circumstances you might be looking at some jail time (again correct me if i am wrong and i am not wishing anything upon you)

Get a good lawyer and good luck

The saying once bitten twice shy obviously doesn't go down too well with you..............i have a mountain bike for sale, PM me for details. :laughing-smiley-014:

You might also want to purchase some soap on a rope......... :cheers:

Edited by SNISMO