SAU Community

Wii Chipped? Anyone Else Got Theres Done Yet?

inark

Was going to get mine done a month ago but thought i would wait for a mate to try it out before i did it incase it killed it...

Hes had it done over a month ago and everything has been running fine... the only thing i was wanting to know (he cant tell em cause he doesnt have DSL or cable) is if you get it done if there were any issues with online updates etc.

Anyone?

Im going to get it done anyway... but just wanted to know.

yeah i've got it done, mate did it. Its pretty simple, just a chip wired to the dvd-rom, even if i unplug it, originals still work etc... don't see it as any risk... but i haven't done any updates yet. But can't see how an update can cause any issues, it's just tricking the drive into thinking a copy is a real game, thats all really.

yeah i've got it done, mate did it. Its pretty simple, just a chip wired to the dvd-rom, even if i unplug it, originals still work etc... don't see it as any risk... but i haven't done any updates yet. But can't see how an update can cause any issues, it's just tricking the drive into thinking a copy is a real game, thats all really.

ok sweet... will get it done then.

its only $50... it dies... put a new one in... my mate said last night the guy who did his has had his running solidly for months.

Theres always someone at their house, always kids and theyre always playing it and they havent had any issues.

• 4 weeks later...

The modchips more reliable than the system :O

Its only activated for boot up, so its hardly ever getting used.

Nark, its the games that cause the trouble with the Wii, try to only get PAL games.

eg: If u put in an NTSC version of Super Paper Mario in, it updates your machine and turns it into a brick!

Any1 wants theres chipped in Melbourne throw me a PM!!

Nark u have PM!

I was under the impression the disc u may be referring to is a 'setup' disc and is only used once? Or maybe its like oldschool PS2 days where different chips do different things? Whered u get your chip? WES? Devineo?

Got it from ozmodchips

its the Wiikey, i thought you could like run one of the 3 setup disks depending on the region the games from... cause theres PAL, NTSC and JP bootdisks... maybe ur right... i didnt actually read the site properly lol

if you get a LG (or hitachi with the same code) GDR 8164B you can copy them direct to your HDD

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/471073 - how to do it.

thats what i use. Bloody drive cost me $60 tho... people are capatilising on the fact u cant get em in stores any more.

Just go to the local markets... they usually have em (like 13 games for $100)... or download em or hire em

Yeah I had my Wii "chipped" too when it took an unexpected trip to the tile floor when it was knocked off the tv. LOL.

Works quite well after being chipped.