SAU Community

Drivers Side Carpet Is Wet

Munkyb0y

On 01/08/2022 at 4:19 PM, tridentt150v said:

If you take your front wheel off then unclip the inner plastic guard liner, there are a couple of rubber grommets on the firewall that have wires and the accelerator cable etc going through them.

In their infinite wisdom, the jap workshops often slice these grommets to fit other wires for EVC and a/m gauges etc.  This then creates a leak. 

Some Sikaflex will fix it.

Thanks Danny, much appreciated! That makes it clear and it sounds pretty straightforward actually.

The car is booked in for Tuesday. Not sure if I'll look at it before then. The car is dry, it's sunny for the rest of the week, I have a long list of things to do, an even longer list of excuses and two left hands.

Will update on how it goes either way :)

Simple trick to finding a water ingress location...get in and have someone hose it down while you follow any streams back to their source. 

Edited by TurboTapin
  • Thanks 1

So yes, it was the grommet behind the wheel guard liner. Water went down the wiring and straight through. Thanks for the tips everyone!

grommet.thumb.jpg.1de9d5705c92f15edfea9b04e0325f8a.jpg

Didn't see it sealed but I presume lots of Sikaflex as you guys mentioned. Luckily it wasn't due to corrosion.