SAU Community

High Hp Rb30 Mods.. Whats Required 700-800hp

im about to start a high hp 30 motor. i know most of the things require but have i missed any out and what weakness are there at 700-800hp.. i dont want to do anythin thats not realy vital but any suggestiong would be great

30e block..30e crank will need big end grinding..

carrillo rods,, wisco pistions (good coice?)

std gtr oil pump ?ok?

knife endged and balanced crank (inc flywheel & power enterprice pully)

and thats pretty much what def will be getting done..

will be for dyno runs only at high power.. and maybe drag at lower power levels,

things im not sure about are (to save on build costs)

o ring block? or any extra block strengthing.

trust oilers on main bearing trust?

head studs? main studs? vs std gtr ones.

any heat treating/coatings?

26 mains and grinding channel in 30e block?

oil squirter fitting?

or any think else i have missed?

i dont want to do anythin thats not realy vital but any suggestiong would be great. ps that 30 post is far to big and its full of crap most and cant sniff out important info..

For a 'reliable' 700-800hp, everything will need to be modified or changed, particularly the valve train and head porting (you are using the SOHC 12V head, yeah?)

im about to start a high hp 30 motor. i know most of the things require but have i missed any out and what weakness are there at 700-800hp.. i dont want to do anythin thats not realy vital but any suggestiong would be great

30e block..30e crank will need big end grinding..

carrillo rods,, wisco pistions (good coice?)

std gtr oil pump ?ok?No, at least an N! pump with crank collar

knife endged and balanced crank (inc flywheel & power enterprice pully) I also got the crank cryogenically treated

and thats pretty much what def will be getting done..

will be for dyno runs only at high power.. and maybe drag at lower power levels,

o ring block? or any extra block strengthing.Not needed

trust oilers on main bearing trust????

head studs? main studs? vs std gtr ones. Yep, ARP do these, retap block to take Rb26 head studs

any heat treating/coatings?Recommend getting pistons coated

26 mains and grinding channel in 30e block?????

oil squirter fitting?Good idea, but aparently very difficult to do(about to find out)

or any think else i have missed?

i dont want to do anythin thats not realy vital but any suggestiong would be great. ps that 30 post is far to big and its full of crap most and cant sniff out important info..

its because the info is so bitsy its spread out on the sticky and most people arent actually answering the questions just talkin shit.. kinda like now.. if you canno help be please dont bother posting... anf you rite.. i dont have 3 weeks either.. i would rip my hair out before then im already since of the smack talk on there..

For a 'reliable' 700-800hp, everything will need to be modified or changed, particularly the valve train and head porting (you are using the SOHC 12V head, yeah?)

what is everthink..?? what have i missed mentioning

im using nothing less than a rb26 head jun intake 85mm throttle medium porting and mild apexi cams & pullies.. im more consorned about the strength mods not the head mods.. i know my head and turbo setup can make the power.. i just want it to hold down below..

standard gtr pump wont do....

not enough flow? im using one at the momnet and its showing good oil pressure at 7200rpm on a 560hp motor (60-70psi).. so why wont this do.. o and i do have a crank collar on it..

whats a good alternative pump then?

can anyone helpme on some of these things..

o ring block? or any extra block strengthing.

trust oilers on main bearing trust?

head studs? main studs? vs std gtr ones.

any heat treating/coatings?

26 mains and grinding channel in 30e block?

oil squirter fitting?

whats required and whats not or any others i have missed

Edited by GDZ1LA

i just built mine to handle 700rwhp tops

basically need everything done yes.... pm me for more info, i could try send ya a list of my mods, theres just way too many here to list

get 1/2 inch head studs, block studs, if u can get the turbo, mani and dump coated then do that, i use a trust oil pump, was using gtr oil pump before but definatley dont want to risk it.....

ben...

GDZ1LA - Please read the RB30 sticky and also search.

There is more than enough info on what your asking about this forum.

People cant be expected to answer/repeat themselves time and time again.

If you do truly want to build a 700-800hp motor, then taking the time to read a detailed thread should be the least of your issues.

Rushing into a build is what will be the sad end to it.

Thanks