SAU Community

Motul Gear 300

Thinking of trying Motul Gear 300 (75w90) in the gearbox of my R33GTST. Is anyone using it. Comes in at $40 a litre from repco maybe gettin ripped tho.

Motul Gear 300 is great stuff.

My 33 had 34,000km on it when I bought it, definitely genuine as interior, engine bay and underbody looked brand new. 5 page inspection report confirmed that odometer was consistent with the car's condition. Therefore, I can safely assume that it had the standard (8 year old) nissan fluids in the gearbox and diff, and the old fluids weren't flogged out yet (the service interval for gbox and diff is every 40,000km).

After putting Gear 300 in the gearbox and diff (viscous LSD is a sealed unit so that's no problem), I found that cold shifting was much improved. The old oil was occasionally a bit graunchy and not really nice to drive until up to temp. With the new oil it shifted very well when cold - more slowly than warm but that's only to be expected. When warmed up, it's even better. The old oil was OK when warm but the new stuff is still an improvement.

Cliffs: Gear 300 ftw.

Motul 300 gear oil is top notice stuff. Similar to Redline. Esther based, GL5 rated and high sheer capability.

I use Redline MT90 in the GB which is similar only as i get it much cheaper then RRP - see my sig links. Today I flushed the GB on my 33, 4 Quarts for less than $80! RRP would be double. .

I also use the redline 75W90 gear oil in the diff, great products with great results. I also have the stock VLSD

Cheers Guys, Am waiting to pick it up. Will try it in the diff too. Can't wait the old oil is shagged and my line has a short shifter. Nasty cold shift for sure.