SAU Community

Rb25 Turbo Onto R32

heya dood how much was ur Rb25 turbo and where did u buy it i might do the same conversion as i am unhappy with my shitty Rb20 turbo which is rusted and a heap of bull dust lolz

Bruno, when I read that, it cracked me up so hard. They're usually rusty, because the exhaust housings are not stainless steel :)

I know you're joking though.

Generally, on the forums here, expect to pay about 350-400 for a sI turbo.

400-500 for a sII turbo.

Don't get sucked in like some guys where they try and buy a cheap one. if someone's selling it off for cheap, it's usually for a reason - namely that it's old or worn.

Sometimes, you can get unlucky, like i've bought a turbo, and shaft play was good etc, but it popped almost as soon as I put it on. But generally, the ones in better condition will last.

If someone has taken the turbo off a low k car, and is looking for $50 more, $50 isn't that muich in the scheme of things. I would take his over the one that is selling for $300.

What is the reason for the rb25 exhaust elbow not working? I ask because I have a late model RB20 in a us spec 200sx (240sx) and I put a rb25 neo turbo on and I don't recall reusing the rb20 elbow. Everything was a straight forward swap for me.

What is the reason for the rb25 exhaust elbow not working? I ask because I have a late model RB20 in a us spec 200sx (240sx) and I put a rb25 neo turbo on and I don't recall reusing the rb20 elbow. Everything was a straight forward swap for me.

I think you mean the compressor outlet elbow, RB20 one has slightly smaller casting than RB25, you can make it fit by slotting the 3 bolt holes and porting the ID of the RB20 one, works OK.

Bruno, when I read that, it cracked me up so hard. They're usually rusty, because the exhaust housings are not stainless steel ;)

I know you're joking though.

Generally, on the forums here, expect to pay about 350-400 for a sI turbo.

400-500 for a sII turbo.

Don't get sucked in like some guys where they try and buy a cheap one. if someone's selling it off for cheap, it's usually for a reason - namely that it's old or worn.

Sometimes, you can get unlucky, like i've bought a turbo, and shaft play was good etc, but it popped almost as soon as I put it on. But generally, the ones in better condition will last.

If someone has taken the turbo off a low k car, and is looking for $50 more, $50 isn't that muich in the scheme of things. I would take his over the one that is selling for $300.

LOLZ hehehehehehhe

Thanks for the info, i might try a nissan wrecker so then i can see what condition it is in, but is it really worth it ? i dont know as i dont know much about turbo's :S:S :D

hey kids.

just lettin ya know that i checked my water line banjo size today and yep they appear to be the 24's

so my 1990 has 24's

so it really from my research and what i heard it looks like it was early 89's that had the 22's which will cause some prob. that's how it appears anyway.

From my experience, and other's results, it seems to be the early early. as in, early month 89s. iv'e seen many later month 89 models with the 24s.

Jez, you're lucky mate. slam the 25 turbo straight in. Yeah baby!

hey gt-t r34 so you had to make up a new gasket then to go between turbo compressor and elbow???

cos i may be in this situation cos lookin at buying an r33 trubo but without the gasket betwwn the compressor outlet and elbow.

so what did you use??

i'm thinkin of just goin to repco or somethin and seein if they got some metal gasket material. would this work??

i tried to hack the shit out of the standard one but no luck couldnt get it big enough, so i used coppermaxx which you use for you exhuast and stuff its like silicon. good luck its pretty easy to change them over just take your time.. and look at preditors guide(www.project32.net) great DIY

I think you mean the compressor outlet elbow, RB20 one has slightly smaller casting than RB25, you can make it fit by slotting the 3 bolt holes and porting the ID of the RB20 one, works OK.

Oo ok, I think i used the rb25 neo compressor outlet as well.

I changed mine about 2 months ago - 1990 GTS-t -> Series 2 R33 turbo. I had the 24mm banjos and I also used the R33 compressor outlet elbow. Sort of on the same topic, where the hell can I find a turbo mount gasket (the one between turbo and exhaust manifold) as I had to recycle my old one and now it is blown

hey guys picked up my turbo today

got it for $300. It LOOKS to be in good condition although the dump pipe was still on so i'll havta take this off tomorrow to check the exhaust turbine...bt the seller had a good story so i trusted him...hehe

anyway it had abs no shaft play so looked ok...pending whether its got exhaust blades now

it was off an r33 (apparently series1) but it had 45V4 on compressor which to me is actually a very new r33/34 turbo...it has also got a steel compressor instead of nylon...go figure...

anyway photo-xl: i'll be re-using my old turbo to exhuast gasket as well...so hopefully mine won't blow

so if anyone knows where to get this gasket (cheaply)...u'd prob be helping us both