SAU Community

Engine Management System's

Hello Every one,

Some of you might know, i have what you would call a Silvia, with a S1 RB25DET.

I am getting ready to pick up a standalone, and I can not decide what to get.

Lets start off with my goal, i plan on making about 450-500HP (335.56KW-372.85)

I am looking to get rid of the AFM (MAF) and switch to Map sensor also (reason why i don’t want a PFC)

There will be all supporting modifications to handle the 450-500HP (335.56KW-372.85) goal.

So that is not a problem

The type of driving will be, Drag/track/street

I was wondering what EMS to go with.

Motec

Haltech

Autronics

EMS

Any other(s)?

Price isnt to much of an issue, i just want to know what would be my best option.

There is a Autronics dealer/tuner in my town. Which is a friend of a friend...

He is 1 of 16 in the US the whole us. Which is why I am leaning to Autronics

Any Advice is appreciated

Edited by tomtomtuning

honestly id go with the curant model .haltech

ive got a smc autronic. its goot but has limited "fetures" ie only 4 ignition outputs etc etc. but the sm4 looks awsome :)

dont go a motec. not worth it. unless you are actually gonna use all the options available. (aditinal cost for acess codes )

ems no.

but most importanty pick one that everyone in your tuning arena is familiar with. no good having a good ecu and no one being able to tune it lol.

if you want an autronic go the smc.. but your engine will need to be reloomed or tapped into your standard loom

motec i would go for the m4

Forgive my laziness to do any research of my own but do either of the motec or autronic setups allow you to keep the airflow meter etc??

Off topic: do skylines have speed sensitive steering at all?

not really they run pretty good steering setups but get rid of the hicas asap or disable it..

neither of them can run air flow meters as they both run in built map sensors or i think they run external map sensors. one of the 2

Yeah i have removed the hicas, it was just a random thought crossing my mind. Just one of those rumors u hear and never really know if its true or not. I should probably post it up in another area.

Back on track. I didnt think they ran with airflow meters but obviously thats no big deal. I only ask all this because id always planned on a pfc, but everyone knows the story there. I hope paul can sort out modifying the rb26 ones as i really dont wanna fork out 3-4k for management.

one feture of the sm4 is the active knock control. (pulls back timing till its not knocking.) what other ecu has that available :) software is awsome. so easy to configure.

but if you want bells and whissles on paper the haltech is not a bad choise.

you can always leave your afm there for looks :)

look hard you can find a pfc for your car... the guys at CREATD motorsports in melb have made a rb26dett power fc work on a r32

Autronic can run the airflow meter, i would definately go for the sm4, as its FA more than the older SMC, and has heaps more built in features that are useful, dwell control, closed loop idle and boost control, option of 6 ignition outputs and closed loop individual ignition control(only retards cylinders that are knocking), and launch control. I would argue that these feautres make them the most advanced ECU on the market at the moment, sure you cant datalog 8 channels at once, but who needs it when you can go faster due to this last feature. By the way, PFC can run without AFM.

I think the SM4 (Autronics) is really what i am leaning to.

Because i know the tuner is really good.

The SM4 will run me about ... 2,424.30 AUD (2000.00 US)

Plus 72.00 AUD (60.00 US) for the trigger wheel

And 193.944 AUD (160.00 US) for the ignition multiplexer

Plus tuning... WOW... extremely costly

I will still look into Haltech/Motec and see what the prices will before that.

• 1 month later...

Bumping my old thread!!!!

I still haven’t decided what management i want to get

And I am about ready to order it; I haven’t done so already because I have been working on some other stuff on the car. My local tuner is trying to steer me into a new system from the UK called VEMS. But I am not sure if I really want to go with something that there isn’t a lot of knowledge about and/or support.

If I go with Haltech, I can only use the “E11v2” Right?

Since it’s the only one that has over 4 injector drivers?

The Autronics I think is just two costly, but then again the E11v2 is almost as expensive

Any suggestions?