SAU Community

"fibre Glass" Were To Start

billabong-john

I’m thinking of attempting to repair the front bumper of my R32(the birth of my son has made cash flow a little tight to say the least) and I really need some advise on how to go about applying and smoothing fiber glass to get the job done.

I know there’s instructions included with the fiberglass, but there’s nothing like the advice given by people with first hand experience in the stuff

Any suggestions would be great thanks

Depends what sort of crack? compound, chip, or just a fracture?

I'd actually recommend plastibond for just small fixes, as it's less stuffing around - and quite strong.

With fibreglass it's all in the mixing.. I'd just use a spatula. In the end, as long as you get the correct coverage, it will all be sanded back anyhow to the proper shape.

I’m thinking of attempting to repair the front bumper of my R32(the birth of my son has made cash flow a little tight to say the least) and I really need some advise on how to go about applying and smoothing fiber glass to get the job done.

I know there’s instructions included with the fiberglass, but there’s nothing like the advice given by people with first hand experience in the stuff

Any suggestions would be great thanks

My suggestion is this, bring it down to the gold coast and i will fix it for u. i have all the product needed except your colour. i will undercoat the touchup amd make it as good as new. (the perks of being in the fibreglass industry). get back to me if your interested. scotchies would help the cause

yeah shouldnt be a drama, what mite be an idea is to post some pics then can arrange something from there. i need some idea of time frame and can only tell from pics, not really worth driving down just so show me then comin down again so yeah throw up some pics and ill get back to u, maybe i shold open a thread on body kits repairs ey?