SAU Community

Who Is Sick Of All The Bitching

mike1987

on a more mature note: im not so sure losing the area threads is a great idea... i met pretty much everyone through those threads, heard about pretty much every event i went to, and was almost literally my doorway to SAU...

i introduced myself and was welcome with open arms... it made me stay, and now i am a paying member, have helped at several events and am always putting my name down to help on more events...

I've have to agree ^

These threads can offer a foot in the door for a lot of people who dont necessarily want to attract an excessive amount of attention by start a new thread introducing themselves, and may not even join SAU if they dont become friends with current members! I know for a fact that the Hornsby/Central Coast threads and associated activities organised by these threads have been great in attracting new members and bumping up numbers at official events. I don't remember any controversy started in these threads in particular either.

If people can keep their ego's in check it'll be just fine. Easier said than done though.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line is the whore threads have caused problems from the start, are a waste of space, and are nothing but pages of worthless crap.

I agree with Sam and others, it is unfair, especially on those who haven't acted like complete tools, but everyone was warned and those involved were told that if they didn't cut it out once and for all, the threads would go, thereby affecting many others.

Personally, I think that while its all good and well to want to talk to your friends all day, there are more appropriate chat mediums around to facilitate this, a forum isn't one of them.

I think it is shameful that Mikey had to start this thread so someone would take notice and actually do something about it - if mods/admin/execs had put a stop to this a long time ago then the majority would not be getting punished for the actions of a handful.

Personally Nick - I disagree that the whore threads are a "waste of space" - we have all made some great friends from these threads and altho there may be other more appropriate mediums like msn etc we can use to communicate - most of us like the "community" we have found on this site and choose to use SAU for that very reason.

I am disappointed and angry that the minority's actions have had such a damaging and negative affect on a site that I personally love and hold in very high regard. I also commend Mikey on having the guts to speak up and say out loud what so many others have been been just sitting back and watching.

i to agree with this to, and i think that having this privilage removed will wake everybody up, and that those who have lead to this will now hopefully have more respect for the forum and its users

well maybe starting a thread to complain bitching was a bad idea? as now it's been acted upon, and no doubt the closure of these threads (either temporary or not) will sove the problem.

well maybe starting a thread to complain bitching was a bad idea? as now it's been acted upon, and no doubt the closure of these threads (either temporary or not) will sove the problem.

Punish the guilty, not the masses?

i dont see how it was a bad idea! things are getting sorted out now which was my intention, so as far as i see it, it was a good idea!

yeah it doesn't bother me too much. >_<

the whore thread was a place for people to chat, and was always pretty friendly. it hasn't been quite so friendly of late. and having regional whore threads I think just made it worse.

just think of all the bandwidth we'll save now that we don't have a thread with 10s of thousands of pages in NSW. :)

Lets not beat around the bush here, I know i've been involved in my fair share of arguments and acted like a complete git sometimes (ayayay, I said SOMETIMES!!!)... and I do agree that the whorethreads are a problem and perhaps the best cure is to remove them. Once things settle down, who knows, they might be returned!

I've been part of the aguments stewing over the past few months and I'm sorry that I've made some of you feel uncomfortable about it, I've also been the target of such arguments and that's not nice either.

For the others that have had similiar problems, a quick pm to someone will more often than not solve the issue >_<

you wanna start pointing the finger? cause i dont... that will cause more problems then it solves...

i think we all just need to settle down and grow up a bit...

Baron: do you get advertising revenue by view or by click?

do you know that in over 4 years on SAU I have only ever had one or two 'arguments' with people, and they were car related and only got heated after someone insulted me (not the other way 'round)?

all the tension and bullshit is pretty immature and it seems the more people post about off topic stuff, the more this happens.

I've have to agree ^

These threads can offer a foot in the door for a lot of people who dont necessarily want to attract an excessive amount of attention by start a new thread introducing themselves, and may not even join SAU if they dont become friends with current members!

BINGO!

Id been a member of the forums for 2 years before I really started meeting anyone and i met those people on the central coast thread as they saw me reading the posts and posted a hello! This is the reason ive been going to the meet ups/events, the reason I became a paid member and the reason I want to become a sponsor!

Last forum i was on a bitch fight started up in "my hello" thread so i logged back out!

you wanna start pointing the finger? cause i dont... that will cause more problems then it solves...

i think we all just need to settle down and grow up a bit...

Baron: do you get advertising revenue by view or by click?

No, ive never been into the "whoretown" threads as i have never had an interest in them. Its not my place to make the decisions of who is abusing and who isnt, thats for the moderators and the administrators to do. Likewise, I dont think that its their job to wade through all of the posts and make judgements. Sure, if a complaint is made my someone, they should react, I just think that a blanket banning of all other threads (that werent "involved" to my knowledge) is a little unfair.

Forgive me if im whining, but really the only threads I bothered to keep up with on here were the Newcastle thread, sometimes the Central Coast thread, and the occasional For sale and DIY thread, so banning the two topics that were the only real reason I came on here at all for something that wasnt done in those topics seems a little harsh.

on a more mature note: im not so sure losing the area threads is a great idea... i met pretty much everyone through those threads, heard about pretty much every event i went to, and was almost literally my doorway to SAU...

i introduced myself and was welcome with open arms... it made me stay, and now i am a paying member, have helped at several events and am always putting my name down to help on more events...

what about other new people? where do they go? do we have a new member make a thread about themselves every time?

i agree with this too.

if it wasn't for the whore thread, i wouldn't have met anyone from sau, wouldn't have gone on any cruises, joined sau or even cared if it existed.

i bet this would have been true for many others aswell.

the only thing that needs to stop, is the school yard style bitching.

We don't have time to police the whore threads unfortunately. Back when there was just one it was hard, up until 30 minutes ago, it was impossible.

Just today we had a reported post that I couldn't see how it was offensive. The person reporting it thought it was and I trust that was true, but because we aren't hanging around the threads we can't see how it pushed people's buttons.

It's not like the warning about this possibility was old and forgotten either. Blitz rearranged the chat stuff and put a big obvious warning in there only about a week ago.

If you ever get this priviledge back I suggest a stringent self policing effort, ie; use the report post button more often and speak up if someone is pushing the boundaries even if they are not your personal ones. Oh and one other thing; Don't ever bite back.

Bout time...

Why I don't agree with all the threads being shut.. you can't shut one and not the others. That would be unfair and create the problem in the other threads resulting in all this crap again.

I am not sorry that I pulled up on that comment today. I didn't do it in a negative way, and quoted that at the beginning. I was just plain sick of all the crap between the great divide shall we say!

If the suspension/cancellation solves all this backstabbing, bitching etc.. then fkn amen. I am sick of feeling like we are all back in Yr 7!

No, ive never been into the "whoretown" threads as i have never had an interest in them. Its not my place to make the decisions of who is abusing and who isnt, thats for the moderators and the administrators to do. Likewise, I dont think that its their job to wade through all of the posts and make judgements. Sure, if a complaint is made my someone, they should react, I just think that a blanket banning of all other threads (that werent "involved" to my knowledge) is a little unfair.

Forgive me if im whining, but really the only threads I bothered to keep up with on here were the Newcastle thread, sometimes the Central Coast thread, and the occasional For sale and DIY thread, so banning the two topics that were the only real reason I came on here at all for something that wasnt done in those topics seems a little harsh.

right, thats pretty much what everyone is saying... the only real reason im on here so often is to chat to these people, see whats going on, and help out as much as i can...

this has just taken away 2 thirds of the reason i visit the website... i dont think logging in and telling people how to wire up their stereo over the internet will be that appealing to me... If its all this place has to offer me...

I understand something had to be done, and i think a cool down period is necessary for everyone...

Those that are causing the problem obviously have a problem, and those witnessing the problem now have a problem with the fact that the problem exists... cut off the head and the body dies... I think its time everyone took a step back and let the dust settle...

We don't have time to police the whore threads unfortunately. Back when there was just one it was hard, up until 30 minutes ago, it was impossible.

Just today we had a reported post that I couldn't see how it was offensive. The person reporting it thought it was and I trust that was true, but because we aren't hanging around the threads we can't see how it pushed people's buttons.

It's not like the warning about this possibility was old and forgotten either. Blitz rearranged the chat stuff and put a big obvious warning in there only about a week ago.

If you ever get this priviledge back I suggest a stringent self policing effort, ie; use the report post button more often and speak up if someone is pushing the boundaries even if they are not your personal ones. Oh and one other thing; Don't ever bite back.

Granted that its impossible to moderate every post that is made, and I think that all of the moderators and admins need to get a big pat on the back for doing this mostly thankless job out of their own personal time. I wasnt trying to attack anyone (especially the moderators/admins) - just wanted to get my thoughts across on the loss of the regional forums.

Which i believe I have.

Once again, thanks to the mods and admins who take time out of their lives to run and maintain this forum which is loved by all of its users.