SAU Community

Number Plate On The Side?

Hi Guys,

thinking of putting my custom plates on the side, but wondering if anyone knows were i can get that number plate bracket so i can sit the front one on and not have to drill into my front bar.

Anyone that has custom plates especially with numbers and letters know you cant get slimline otherwise id just leave it at the front but ive seen you can get a metal bracket just wondering were and if anyone has any pics of theres on the side

cheers

:)

Edited by overd0se

I just used 2 cheapo "L-shape" brackets, purchased from Bunnings. Just drilled new holes into the brackets.

Just a "heads-up", people have been previously defected for side-mounted plates on Skylines; even though you do see other factory released cars with their plates on the side. I never actually was defected for it.

Before:

post-1811-1179965291_thumb.jpg

Now:

post-1811-1179965466_thumb.jpg

I have it on my right side (from drivers seat) and Alfas have it on their left... but the place that was designed for, drives on the opposite side of the road...

I just screwed mine onto the front bar... works fine... i thought about getting L brackets, but it wasnt necessary and i like how it looks now...

a lot better then up on the dash... i had it like that for a while...

im suprised i have never been pulled over in this car...

PS: al, i LOVE that wing :thumbsup:

you need to be able to read the plate at a 45 degree angle on the left and right side of the car. i know pepple that have been done for this even though there was no other place to put the plate on their front bar.

basically the plate has to be at the very front of the car and facing dead straight. then you'll have no problems. i've seen one dude use a spacer to fix this problem. like the pic below. red is what most ppl have when they move their plate. blue *should* be acceptable

post-30915-1179972098_thumb.jpg

PS: al, i LOVE that wing :)

If you are serious, i am actually getting rid of it, as i bought a c/f 3d GT-wing to match my new c/f bonnet. :unsure:

But..........I am keeping the low-mount arms, but will provide the taller arms that came with the c/f wing.

$100

post-1811-1180009822_thumb.jpg

just buy from hardware L shape flat metal brackets

then drill holes on bracket in the right position then

drill them in under the front bar so that

if u want to remove u wont have the drill holes directly on the front bar

If you are serious, i am actually getting rid of it, as i bought a c/f 3d GT-wing to match my new c/f bonnet. :D

But..........I am keeping the low-mount arms, but will provide the taller arms that came with the c/f wing.

$100

post-1811-1180009822_thumb.jpg

OOOoohhh :(

ill talk to you about it in August if you still have it...

DECA!