SAU Community

Insurance costs

Guest matr32

Guest matr32

Just wondering what everyone else pays for insurance here and also who your with. I got quoted 2400 with the rac and Im 20 so pretty expensive. Thats for a 1992 r32 gtst no mods.

Are RAC insuring Skyline turbos again?

They decided not to and when I enquired with their management they said it was due to the difficulty of getting parts.

I put them onto my contact at Northside Nissan to prove there was no problem.Must've convinced them

My 34 costs $1050 through Shannons but then I'm an old bastard with max NCB

Cheers

Yeh i thought the same:confused:

I tried rac and they told me to go jump due to the fact i have a 91TT supra and i am only 21.

I ended up going for a broker called harrintons: 9388 1299 and they did mine through SGIO for 2400 but unfortunately icant pay it in increments has to be all up front cause of the broker.

Hey Guys,

I am with the RAC .... I am paying just over $1200 a year to insure my 95 GTST... Oh yeah and I am 23.

I am pretty happy with it considering SGIO was charging me $1200 a year to insure my VL Commodore.... Which is for sale if anyone is curious :uh-huh:

Now that I got my shameless plug out the way.... Back to browsing the forums.... Hey at least Ianswered the thread question :D

MrGTST

:lol: shh the good ol plug eh:lol:

Is that with a 60%NCB? i cant see that they would insure u 4 that price new like me i got no NCB at all thats y it costs sooo much:mad: oh well i can only go up next year:uh-huh:

Its all about the number of turbos, if you say TT then you get screwed. This is what happened when i was looking at cars, and RAC wont even insure my dad for a Z, he had to go shannons.

They think more turbos = more power which i spose is usually the case, but if you said i have a 800cc suzuki mighty boy twin turbo they still would knock you back...

Wouldnt that be an interesting car...

Originally posted by deesh

They think more turbos = more power which i spose is usually the case, but if you said i have a 800cc suzuki mighty boy twin turbo they still would knock you back...

Wouldnt that be an interesting car...

Oh yeah!!! that would be a little crazy :lol:

Dont shannons say u can only do like 10k a year or somefin?

Guest troppo

Hi everyone,try Tourque Under-righters not sure on that spelling.I pay $829 a year including spoiler kit,stereo,wheels,ETC might be worth a try .:D

Heya Guys,

Yeah I am one of those RAC groupies aswell! I am 23 (as of two weeks ago) insured my 95 GTST for $24,000 and am paying $1400. I did enquire with RAC the 300ZX twin turbo (what was i thinking! ahah) and they said they wouldn't insure me due to twin turbo's and i would have to wait till i turned 25! so looks i am going to have to tell my dealer in Japan not to ship over my brand new R34 GTR for a couple of years!...... AHAHAAHAHA!!! YEAH RIGHT!! I WISH!

as R34 said Shannons are a good import enthusiast company for turbo lovers such as us, you do pay a bit more but i would rather pay a bit more for that extra piece of mind! i have heard they will insure nearly all cars...at a price...

P.S my friend smashed his black 300ZX just out of northbridge under the tunnel (near omni) and he had NO insurance!

Yeah well I have a 55% NCB ... Thats the biggest RAC will give you and I am insureing my R33 for $26000 I believe.... so I am pretty happy with $1200 per year

MrGTST

My insurance went up because little fiasco, Breaking my window and taking all my sound system by some K()nts!!!!!!...:)

ok I loose NCB I had 30%

premium is now on $2500 per year...:)

excess $250

I am 22 with RAC insurance Fulll comperhensive fire & theft...:)

Not happy Jan...

cheers

Joe