SAU Community

Stock Ecu Remap ?

thrtytwo

who in perth does it ? is it worth me getting it done atm when i plan on getting SAFC NEO and a EBC soon (soon means a few months :rolleyes:)

current mods r

stainless 3"intake pipe with pod

3" turbo back

FMIC

thats bout all that would effect engine i think :S

no point tuning your car 2x times.

i know for tuning safc its like $150-$250, i would guess retuning stock ecu would be more like tuning something like a pfc so you will be looking at $400-$450 (just a guess)

And if you retune your stock ecu then there is no point in getting an safc.

safc is a band-aid , quick fix, retuning stock ecu is just as good as getting a full ecu

Cheers michael

no point tuning your car 2x times.

i know for tuning safc its like $150-$250, i would guess retuning stock ecu would be more like tuning something like a pfc so you will be looking at $400-$450 (just a guess)

And if you retune your stock ecu then there is no point in getting an safc.

safc is a band-aid , quick fix, retuning stock ecu is just as good as getting a full ecu

Cheers michael

ooh ok i didnt realise that, might not bother with SAFC then ?

hmmm or i might, if its cheaper to tune it might be better :rolleyes: seeing as i plan on getting injectors and fuel pump and then cams and cam gears

ooh ok i didnt realise that, might not bother with SAFC then ?

hmmm or i might, if its cheaper to tune it might be better :rolleyes: seeing as i plan on getting injectors and fuel pump and then cams and cam gears

if you plan on getting injectors, depends how large you go, the safc may not be the best opinion, as i know you can run larger injectors but the larger you go the harder it becomes to get it to work right. Also safc does not do timing which if you plan on going further with your mods you want to be able to adjust the timing through the revs etc

Althou if you buy the safc and get it tune with what you have now (so safc cost $200 + $150 tune), and changed ur mind later on you should be able to sell the safc for $200 and you just lose out on the cost of your tuning which isn't too much.

Cheers Michael

if you plan on getting injectors, depends how large you go, the safc may not be the best opinion, as i know you can run larger injectors but the larger you go the harder it becomes to get it to work right. Also safc does not do timing which if you plan on going further with your mods you want to be able to adjust the timing through the revs etc

Althou if you buy the safc and get it tune with what you have now (so safc cost $200 + $150 tune), and changed ur mind later on you should be able to sell the safc for $200 and you just lose out on the cost of your tuning which isn't too much.

Cheers Michael

thanks heaps for the input mate, will keep that all in mind :rolleyes:

i dont plan on going too crazy though, only 550cc probably bosch 040 (or 044) watever the intank one is, cams and a highflowed RB25 turbo

thanks heaps for the input mate, will keep that all in mind :rolleyes:

i dont plan on going too crazy though, only 550cc probably bosch 040 (or 044) watever the intank one is, cams and a highflowed RB25 turbo

safc should be ok to do that but you won't get the best out of your setup :thumbsup: as its only a quick fix...

unfortunately powerfc for r32 are hard to come by (need to get the AP type) so there is no real cheap full after market ecu for r32 :cheers: so maybe a retune of the stock ecu might be your best shot! Their is alot of heavy mod. cars going around with just a retune stock ecu (for example there is a 9sec gtr in japan running stock retune ecu)

Cheers Michael

safc should be ok to do that but you won't get the best out of your setup :thumbsup: as its only a quick fix...

unfortunately powerfc for r32 are hard to come by (need to get the AP type) so there is no real cheap full after market ecu for r32 :cheers: so maybe a retune of the stock ecu might be your best shot! Their is alot of heavy mod. cars going around with just a retune stock ecu (for example there is a 9sec gtr in japan running stock retune ecu)

Cheers Michael

yeh i noticed the 32 PFCs are hard to come by and expensive, that sounds nuts about that GTR haha, well sweet, sounds like u made up my mind for me :rolleyes: cheers ! guess ill just get the HKS EVC V and no fuel piggy back, thanks a lot :mellow:

not a regular posted on SAU, but just thought id point out i was looking into this myself last nite, Lumpy HAS left HD, but can still tune cars thru hyperdrive, by appointment only.

according to this lumpy is no longer tuning outside of autronic and special stuff

http://www.westdrift.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1176

"Yes, it is true than i am not tuning for the general public anymore.

The only work I do in this area is with regards to support/supply/install/tuning of Autronic products, for which I am the dealer in WA, and I am also getting heavily into the data acquisition side of things.

The push towards a greater profile in professional motorsport occupies me these days, with 50% of my time spent interstate and some overseas stuff not too far away, with the management and ongoing development of the Slide-FX Pty Ltd drift racing team and it's in-house projects taking up what's left.

Thanks to all for the wishes and previous custom."