SAU Community

Re-wiring To Head Unit - Cost?

Miss Turbo

Hi!

Need some advice....

At the moment I have speakers, sub & head unit running through my amp. I want to take my sub and amp out and so need to re-wire the speakers to run through the head unit.

Could anyone tell me what I should expect to pay for this? How long would it take?

I have spoken to Strathfield Car Radios and one store quoted $70 and another $120..

Appreciate your help!

Lj

Depends on things like:

- what speakers are amped (front, back or both)

- if the standard speaker wiring, plugs and harnesses are still there - or if they need to be rewired

etc

Either quotes look okay, they're quoting around 1-2 hours it would seem, which would be fair enough.

if ur in melb i can give u a hand. its about a 2hour job at my place, matter or removing amp sub and taking wires fior speakers from boot or amp location back to the HU and re wiring it into the loom if the wires are to short to re-solder.

let me know

Hi!

Need some advice....

At the moment I have speakers, sub & head unit running through my amp. I want to take my sub and amp out and so need to re-wire the speakers to run through the head unit.

Could anyone tell me what I should expect to pay for this? How long would it take?

I have spoken to Strathfield Car Radios and one store quoted $70 and another $120..

Appreciate your help!

Lj

If you are in Sydney i can Help. Im based in Parramatta. Pm me for more details.

if your in melbourne garys car radio mitcham, they do good shit, strathfield will rape your ass

quality of work is very good too because alls they do is sell/install car audio, no mobile phones no cleaning shit no car seat covers n so on.

if ur in melb i can give u a hand. its about a 2hour job at my place, matter or removing amp sub and taking wires fior speakers from boot or amp location back to the HU and re wiring it into the loom if the wires are to short to re-solder.

let me know

Hey cheez! Thanks for offering to help me out!... but I live in sydney...

If you are in Sydney i can Help. Im based in Parramatta. Pm me for more details.

Cool! Thanks!

if your in melbourne garys car radio mitcham, they do good shit, strathfield will rape your ass

quality of work is very good too because alls they do is sell/install car audio, no mobile phones no cleaning shit no car seat covers n so on.

Thanks for the info! I've actually booked in to Strathfield for this weekend. They are charging $100, which I'm happy with.. In the end I had quotes ranging from $70 to $260..

Soon I will need to install the sub, amp, head unit and new speakers into another car.. (will not be doing this at Strathfield).. so any recommendations for sydeny based places would be helpful! I will also be searching the forum for ideas...

Thanks again