SAU Community

Port Match Garrett Turbo

Hey ppls,

Has any one bothered port matching the turbine inlet of their Garrett GT30/GT35 turbine housing?

Mine and another (GT35) the inlet is smaller than that of the stock exhaust manifold and another aftermarket manifold that used a 'standard' T3 flange size.

Has any one bothered port matching the turbine inlet of their Garrett GT30/GT35 turbine housing?

Mine and another (GT35) the inlet is smaller than that of the stock exhaust manifold and another aftermarket manifold that used a 'standard' T3 flange size.

Yep, my GT30R was exactly the same - quite a bit smaller.... I almost wondered if it was deliberate so instead of over shooting it'd undershoot the size of any manifold it was attaching to, and you could match it to suit from there.

portedt3.jpg

Yes. ;)

Once I've got the head back from Miltons I will be bolting it on, welding up the inlet pipe and dump pipe as quick as possible. 3-4am late nights coming up. ;)

Just finished up port matching the std exh manifold; when I dropped the rb30det in I just wanted to get it in and started. :P

Ports 1 and 6 are out by 1.5mm towards the top of the port, 2-5 are fairly spot on.

See how I go tomorrow ripping in to it.

Nice - how is this coming along? Are you running one of the 56-trim GT3076Rs (with the anti-surge cover)? It'll be really interesting to see how you find it on the RB30.

Lithium.

I have the GT3076r .6 port shroud comp cover with the .82 IW rear. Should be good to see how it goes as I'm going to see what its got, then shove a little water/meth injection on it and see what I can really squeeze out of it.

-----------

Here's the before/after pic.

Its all smooth to feel even the stud lumps. The dremel is at the old mans so I tried my luck with supercheap drill stones; they worked quite well. :sleep:

I've since smoothed out the stud lumps even more so; the wastegate area was quite smooth so I didn't bother with that.

I'm waiting on a T3 spacer from MTQ; I got the head back last week so not long now. :O

post-382-1184042977_thumb.jpg

Here's the before/after pic.

Its all smooth to feel even the stud lumps. The dremel is at the old mans so I tried my luck with supercheap drill stones; they worked quite well. :D

I've since smoothed out the stud lumps even more so, the wastegate was quite smooth so I didn't bother with that.

I'm waiting on a T3 spacer from MTQ; I got the head back last week so not long now. :O

Looking very nice. I have a friend who likes the way the GT3076R behaves on my RB25DET and wonders what it'd be like on a 3litre. Well we both do... as I'm yet to 100% decide what to do when I get to the rebuild stage.