SAU Community

Brookvale Mufflers And Mechanical

B-Man

I can't recommend these guys enough.

Top shelf blokes there - Ask for Jamie (all exhaust stuff) or Andrew (all mechanical stuff)

I've just got my exhaust re-done there and spent from 3:00pm till 9:00pm helping with it. (Geez it was fun - got to play with cool air tools and stuff)

Anyway - these guys do everything. From engine rebuilds, custom modification and fabrication, turbo upgrades, tuning, everything.

Jamie is a perfectionist with his exhaust fitment. Andrew is a very knowledgeable bloke with anything from engine rebuilds (piston and rotary) to porting, to tuning.

You should see one of the current projects that they have there at the moment - a Supercharged and Turbocharged 2JZ Supra - BIG Garret GT47 turbo - a very nice piece of work - (1000 HP car)

So - givem a call if you need anything - prices are very reasonable, craftsmanship is great and very very honest and down to earth fealls

Address: Roger Street

Brookvale, NSW, 2100

Telephone: 02 9905 4379

PS - I'm in no way affiliated with these guys - I'm purely a paying customer that is happy to recommend excellent, honest customer service .

my mate owns that Supra...

did i recommend you to these guys? or did someone else steal my thunder??? :)

you forgot to mention the Turbo intercooled 250cc motorbike with Power FC for tuning 8)

and yes, they are freaks... when they stop doing oil changes and standard stuff and focus on sports mods and the likes, this could be a group of guys that get as crazy as Top Secret...

Jamies exhausts are a piece of art, and i have never been around Andrew and not learnt something new...

Satanic put me on to them

Just got my car back today - My God - I wanted a bigger front pipe and Jamie put a big fark off 4.5" front pipe/section on - It's huge. 3.2mm thick wall -

Exhaust noise has gone down thanks to SMB rear mufflers and centre resonator (SMB shit is really really good)

Very happy with the result.

I can tell power is up by the the amount of wheelspin and sideways action I get when I take of straight. Just awseome.

Now to put it on the dyno and turn the boost up to 15PSI :D

Then...... I GO RACING :)

wheelspin and sideways action that happend on the track right 8)

and yeah, they are amazing people... cant wait til that supra is done... even i have put in some wrench time on that thing :(

+1 for Brooky mufflers

they did some exhaust work on my car. I was getting quoted the whole $400, leave yor car here till tomorrow.

Went to Jamie, all he said was, bring it at 4pm, it'll be done in a halfa and charged me less than half that amount for a 3.5" inch hotdog resonator and a weld in my dump pipe (I was getting over the screamer pipe effect)

Top job

no dyno yet... and i assume they know something about PFC tuning, but im sure you can find better... these guys are more on the physical side of how cars work...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been there six or so times before, and never been fully happy with any of the work. I'm not trying to diss the thread, but if anyone I cared about asked me, i'd advise them not to bother.

Twice on the one system the hangars snapped clean off, another time the hangar was sharp with welding bits that cut through the rubber hooky-thing.

Once when I was there, another customer with a Prelude was having his exhaust changed, and they welded the rear muffler on at an angle (like... 5 degrees counter-clockwise)... the customer pointed it out, so the installer got two long pieces of metal rod and stuck one in each hole of the new twin muffler and then bent one up and one down until the tips roughly lined up with each other.

After that guy left and they were still dicking around with MY car, he turns to me and says something to the effect of "F*&king picky, or what?"

Never went back after that. I tried my luck with Cromer exhaust... but they were about the same with their workmanship.

My mechanic tells me that there isn't any decent exhaust places on the North Shore, and that's why i've never had a reliable exhaust.

Oh well. I'm not saying everyone will get that kind of lack of attention to detail or pride in their work, but I feel it's my duty to share. =-]

Edited by RANDY

You should see one of the current projects that they have there at the moment - a Supercharged and Turbocharged 2JZ Supra - BIG Garret GT47 turbo - a very nice piece of work - (1000 HP car)

Heres that Turbo in case anyone was wondering how big it actually is :)

img0523yg4.jpg

img0519wj2.jpg

my mate owns that Supra...

Then you should also know that the Supra should have been completed 6 months ago, that they have stuffed him around consistently, and that there has recently been a stop work order put on it by the Department of Fair Trading because of a complaint made by the owner himself about the quality of the work.

I would have thought this would have been worth mentioning?

Ha ha - I'm sure that there are two side to that story - I haven't got a bad word to say about them - based on my own personal experiences.

They just put my race gearbox in the Cosmo - there were a few issues with the box that I got (not from them) - was sorted, no dramas. Now they are fixing my master cylinder and doing a very professional job - Always ring me with updates etc.

WRT the Supra - Dept of FT - and quality of work ?? That's interesting that a G'Ment body is involved seeings how that car would be far far from legal in any way shape or form (unless it will be un-registered). And that's even if this was true - which I don't know or not know for sure at all. This all sounds like it shouldn't be discussed on here - And I am sure , like I said, there is another part to this story that we all don't know about.

Yeah, except that has to do with the paintwork done by a different shop... Nothing to do with Brooky muffs... Him and I actually went to that place cause our painter went awal...

And he originally thought it would be done in a month, i told him he was dreaming... There have been a few setbacks, mostly to do with getting parts for a project like this... You want a project like this done overnight? Lay down a few million dollars...

Edit - B-Man - yeah, the truth part... which is stated above...

There you go ! Didn't there would have been a problem.

People should be more careful about what they post on public forums - could ruin a business' reputation/...

Yeah its a shame... I haven't actually had any work done on my car by them (or most other people), but i still recommend them... I have seen the faces of other customers light up at the work done, and then again at the bill :)

They quoted me a great price for a full exhaust job, which i do plan on going through with one day :) but other shit keeps popping up...