SAU Community

V35 Meet

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit off topic, but wow I have to say they are great looking photos Scathing, are they yours? I'm just starting out with a DSLR now, but my photos look nothing like that! Any details on camera, lens, exifs on those photos would be much appreciated to help me learn.

Bit off topic, but wow I have to say they are great looking photos Scathing, are they yours? I'm just starting out with a DSLR now, but my photos look nothing like that! Any details on camera, lens, exifs on those photos would be much appreciated to help me learn.

Yeah, they're all mine.

I haven't bought a DSLR yet (but I will as soon as I can scrape the cash together). I'm still using a Canon Digital Ixus right now (pretty standard Point and Shoot camera).

Learning how to shoot takes time. There are some good resources on the 'net for learning how to take good shots (I quite like this one on Dan's Data), but I also tend to touch up the images in Photoshop, which is why they look half decent.

I don't add or completely change things around, but I make sure they're a bit more vibrant and in focus before uploading.

The best tip I can give you when it comes to taking a good photo is to take lots of bad ones. Play around with the settings, so you know what setting does what. Otherwise, try the Photography subforum on SAU. A lot of the guys on JDM Style Tuning are photography buffs and its hanging out there that got me into taking photos in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys.

Arranged another cruise for the weekend before Christmas.

http://www.350z-tech.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34061

This one is starting at a slightly more reasonable time.

Its just occurred to me that the entire period might be double demerits with massive police presence, so I might call it off.

However, if you are interested post up and we can see if people want to do a leisurely run, or maybe change our route to somewhere like Wollongong and hit the coast up for lunch.

I can't make the weekend prior since I'm doing Kids Race Day.