SAU Community

Exhaust Question

hey guys im a noob at this so please excuse me if its already been discussed. searched and couldnt find an answer.

atm my R33 has a 3" cat back exhaust and im guessing into a high flow muffler.

now i want to finish of the exhaust system so obviously i need a bigger dump pipe and a highflow metal cat.

now my question is if i get a 3" dump pipe into a 3" high flow cat would that be good or would it be to much of a free flow??? the car is running stock boost, stock BOV, Stock cooler and panel filter in stock box so the exhaust is the only performance mod done so far.

also the dump pipe would bold straight onto the turbo im guessing???

also coz of the full exhaust done would the stock boost go up a tad or will it still remain at 7psi??? iv been told coz its more free flow now my boost will be raised to prob 8psi or so. is this correct???

im still in the learning process of how it all works so please excuse the noodness :blink:

thanks

Ash

Edited by ashneel

now my question is if i get a 3" dump pipe into a 3" high flow cat would that be good or would it be to much of a free flow???

also the dump pipe would bold straight onto the turbo im guessing???

also coz of the full exhaust done would the stock boost go up a tad or will it still remain at 7psi??? iv been told coz its more free flow now my boost will be raised to prob 8psi or so. is this correct???

A 3" hi flow cat and 3" dump/front pipe is all you need to finish the exhaust off.

If you just get the dump pipe the front pipe will still be restricting the flow. So what you would ideally be looking for is a 3" dump/front pipe.

Yes the dump will bolt straight onto the stock turbo.

You will see greater power gains with the exhaust system finished off, and will get more boost yes. 8-9psi

exactly....3" is perfect in my opinion and yes boost will increase to around 9psi....

made an extra 25kw from stock exhaust to split dump to 3" system with hiflow cat....

ahh cheers guys for the quick reply

thinking about getting the FLYN dump pipe. its got a built in front pipe or something like that i think.

but ye thanks for that

actually will be going with Just jap dump/front paipe and high flow cat

so ye. cant wait to do it now YAY lol

thanks for the infor once again guys