SAU Community

Manifold Love

NickR33

hello all, I want to get my manifolds extrude honed and painted/polished while they are off... has anyone done this recently or know of anyhere in Vic that does this?

I want to get some of that black crinkle paint (its like a textured finish) on my cam covers and a few other bits and pieces too, will any old paint shop do that or should I go to a specialty place? last time the machinists painted my cam covers with the wrong paint and it just flaked off and became brittle when it got hot, leaving it all look rather sh!thouse :D

cheers,

Nick

when i rebuilt the Z18T some years ago i sprayed the rocker cover/intake and other bits and pieces with the wrinkle finish paint in red.. turned out very nice..

the cans were about 10 bucks each...just had to make sure the parts were squeaky clean..

also to get a coarse wrinkle look i packed the paint on and baked each part in the oven :D

yeah reading up on it the crinkle paint, seems I can DIY it with a can etc... just don't want it flaking off 12 months down the line when its gone hot and cold a few hundred times

thanks for the tips on the honing guys, I will drop John a line

There are a few places around that do extrude honing. Though the only place i know down here that has been used by someone i know is Power Porting, friend was happy with the results. Though was expensive for what they do and what normal extrude honing places charge