SAU Community

Painting Engine Bay/hidiing Wiring Etc

Ravenoak

After the DR30 won best classic at the Show & Shine I have felt inspired to attack the next the item on the agenda which is the engine bay.

In the old days I would attack something like this myself but with 2 kids, busy job and generally no time, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for good place that could do the following for me (preferably northside of Sydney)

1. Clean up and respray the engine bay (will probably require the removal of the engine to do it properly).

2. Do a small tidy up and some hiding of unnecessary wires etc

cheers

After the DR30 won best classic at the Show & Shine I have felt inspired to attack the next the item on the agenda which is the engine bay.

In the old days I would attack something like this myself but with 2 kids, busy job and generally no time, I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for good place that could do the following for me (preferably northside of Sydney)

1. Clean up and respray the engine bay (will probably require the removal of the engine to do it properly).

2. Do a small tidy up and some hiding of unnecessary wires etc

cheers

Send a message to 2GUUP on the forums, might be 2GU UP... dont know if he is doing it himself, but he should know about it...

Send a message to 2GUUP on the forums, might be 2GU UP... dont know if he is doing it himself, but he should know about it...

Yea but his engine isn't even hooked up!

:laughing-smiley-014:

pricing is hourly, but when looking at the job i can roughly give u a quote.

DIF - my wiring was basically all there which means i obviously do a good job considering ur comment.

only thing missing was fuel hoses, timing belt and catch can

pricing is hourly, but when looking at the job i can roughly give u a quote.

DIF - my wiring was basically all there which means i obviously do a good job considering ur comment.

only thing missing was fuel hoses, timing belt and catch can

PM me with an idea for going from this:

2609680720041313032ayUhNl_th.jpg

to something like this:

2132756730041313032BVlqSb_th.jpg

I would not look to be doing a ton of chrome basically respraying the engine bay to body colour, hiding the worst of the wiring, respraying the intake and cam covers, bit of colour matching.