SAU Community

Save Lakeside Cruise In Show - Sunday, 12 August 2007

lakesideguy

You mean cause of the drought?

Yeah with the drought in full effect ive noticed it easier to get a late booking to tee off, I can only gather that people are driving up or down the coast to greener courses.

No i ment, as a past member i know that the club is a small club and needs all the income it can get, i mean its not exactly rolling in it. There are quite a few holes there that are real close to the track and if your just a social player wanting a relaxed round of golf your probably not going to return once you hear all the track cars go round, so then the club dips out on green fees making it harder to put money back into the course, yada yada yada, i could really go on here but i wont as

lakesideguy said not to worry

anyways i hope the track re-opens cause a track within walking distance would be handy!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Col.

You get off your ass and go buy one from LMRE.

As has been demonstrated this cannot be achieved by just web conversations. People actually have to turn up to show their support. I have absolute respect for LMRE conducting this effort in a considered, professional and social manner without resorting to hysterical propaganda and would appear to have left many bridges left unburnt.

I also apologise for leaving but with a disability I was at the limit of my endurance no matter how much I wanted to stay and reminisce old adventures. Thanks for the opportunity.

Your words of support and encouragement are much appreciated. You guys were like the cavalry, if you hadn't turned up, a lot of people in LMRE would've been questioning why we even bother.

Now, the issue has a new lease of life and so do our members - thank you.

LMRE is made up from people from all forms of motorsport and we're completely open to new people and new ideas. Feel free to PM me with any suggestions or questions.

Thanks again guys.

Scott

• 3 months later...

Did I hear right that the Pine Council and QR have signed a lease

and the state government have approved it.

If true that's awesome.

Hope my info's reliable.

'lakeside guy' can you confirm

Mick

Edited by pnk32