SAU Community

Save Lakeside Cruise In Show - Sunday, 12 August 2007

lakesideguy

Save Lakeside Cruise in Show

Sunday, 12 August

Want a place where you can drift, drag, race or just drop a burnout without getting fined and treated like a criminal? Then, Lakeside is your place.

Cruise and show 'n' shine display of both street and track cars and bikes to show support for the re-opening of Lakeside Raceway near Brisbane. All the motorsport tribes are coming together and we are inviting all Skylines to be represented too!

$2 entry fee includes cruise, show 'n' shine and entry fees.

Cruise meeting spot: Lakeside Cafe', Mt Coot-tha Botanical Gardens, Toowong @ 9am - Depart time: 10am -- Cruisers must sign event registration at cafe' (parking in lot opposite entrance)

Show 'n' Shine: Lot 4, Lakeside Rd, Kurwongbah (opposite the track) @ 11am

MAQ Permit # 38442

For more details visit www.lakesideraceway.com

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IN! :santa:

You guys are legends!! Lakeside is the perfect track to be flogging aound in a Skyline. Tell your mates, we need all the help the SAU can provide. Clubs from other Nissan models have also been really supportive and see benefits of claiming their northside track back.

Scott

QLD SAUers are a bunch of carpark cruisers.

all the photoshoot, coffee meet ups, dyno day events/threads gets loads of attendance/response/views, but to save a historic race track gets next to nothing.

it's the same group time and time again attending the QR time attack events, skidpans, street sprints, and what not.

where have all the 300rwkw, hks hypermax, gt wing, light weight volk racers gone?

i'll make my best attempts to be there work pending!

I will be there!!!

No need to point fingers Eug, you don't get to all the events either, but I understand the sentiment.

true, not saying everyone should attend every event.

any sort of reasonably half arsed effort from each member should get the ball rolling for the club in terms of moving on to bigger and better things.

just trying to gee these ricers up, that's all :santa:

they probably won't even bother clicking this thread to read it anyway.

true, not saying everyone should attend every event.

any sort of reasonably half arsed effort from each member should get the ball rolling for the club in terms of moving on to bigger and better things.

just trying to gee these ricers up, that's all :action-smiley-069:

they probably won't even bother clicking this thread to read it anyway.

I understand your frustrations, there's always a lot of apathy in all motorsport groups and that's one of the reasons we're so easily defeated by small groups of politically correct nut jobs imposing their lifestyle preferences on others. You'll never get everyone, but we have to get all the hardcore guys to attend.

However, one way to get people to get off the couch is to show them the benefits to them of taking action.

50% of the conversations on forums is people complaining about something and on car club forums, its usually about getting fined for speeding, defect notices or general police harrassment.

A dedicated facility such as a race track provides instant protection for enthusiasts from all these problems plus actually making the activities safer for themselves, the public and even their cars! NO gum trees to hit on the side of a race track.

If Lakeside was to get re-opened, maybe it could become a safe, harrassment-free location for all the "carpark cruisers" to meet!

Finally I think your point about most peopl not even reading the post is correct, just look at the thread numbers. So, you could engage in conversation with people you know in other forums and talk to them directly about Lakeside or give out some links to the thread. Just a thought.

just trying to gee these ricers up, that's all :(

officially Geed up :)

no ricer here but

shall be there

PS. (flame suit on) so we'll expect to see ya at a coffee meet then aye. lol :action-smiley-069: (flame suit off)

Edited by pnk32

man i can't wait till the new race centre opens near yatala going to be so good.....

I'll be at this meet to save lakeside aswell need as many places as possible

Really good to hear you're coming cause the RX-7 boys reckon their going to have the biggest turnout.

man i can't wait till the new race centre opens near yatala going to be so good.....

That the big new complex they were thinking about building? Last I heard the idea was scrapped..

I'll be there on the cruise.

Lakeside rocks compared to that boring arse QR. A far more technical track with the most wicked entry on to the main straight and a great selection of corners including some neg camber stuff.

The only thing it has in common with QR is the little series of unsettling bumps at the end of the main straight.

Like you Eug I struggle to understand what motivates the 5 kay back and shuffle crowd. (They drive 5 kays, back up and shuffle around) but in the end its their ride and they can do what they want with it. Why you would need big ponys for that tho is beyond me unless, heaven forbid....They are street racing. :laughing-smiley-014: Nah, Liners wouldnt do that. :P

just trying to gee these ricers up, that's all :)

lol ricers.. u old folk are funny..

if i wanted to be a ricer i would have gotten chrome rims like noel. :P ahaha what now old man.

im more than happy to show my colours for an event like this perhaps i might use this track. but its a fair way away. but still im here to support. ive heard good thingsa about this have signed a petition aswell cya then :D

boring arse QR. A far more technical track

Why you would need big ponys for that tho is beyond me

agree with technicality of the track. i've never raced it, but i like the fact that it's a high speed track, and like you said with the off camber corners and varied elevation. definitely looks like it requires a bit more driver input and concentration than QR = fun!

personally think that QR is a fairly HP dependent track, where time is easily made by making more power.

i have 300rwkw... i'm cool yeah?*

i might use this track. but its a fair way away. but still im here to support.

sweet!

QR is the only track around. darlington park has been shut down, and the next one is morgan park (in warwick!)

*may or may not be true... most likely the later.