SAU Community

Indicators Not Working

stenve

alright, i recceived some LEDs rfom 666dan yesterday and started putting them in. all went well until i got to the demister and hazard ones.

ive got them in and they light up blue like they should however i now have no indicators or hazards.

as in when i try to indicate there is no clicking, no lights outside the car and none on the dash.

i have checked all fuses and they are good. i have reassembled the hazard switch a few times and still no good.

i have tried to look for the relays but im not really sure what im looking for here or how to test or fix it if i do find it.

the only thing i havent done is take off the wheel surround and check the indicator stalk... could the problem lie there?

i have an r33 gtst 93 model.

thanks for any help anyone might have for me

wel dont worry about that bit. im taking it that the relays are the blue boxes next to the fuse box?

ive found air con, and wiper, i have one that im not sure what it does, and the one on the top i cant get out, the plug seems different. anyone know which one is the indicator relay?

Edited by stenve

Mate, easiest way to test it is to swap back to the standard globes and see if the indicators still work.

If so, you know the problem is with the new globes.

If not, you know the problem is with the system (relay/fuse/wiring etc).

That'll at least narrow it down a bit :rolleyes:

thanks man.

i didnt actually change the indicator globes though. the only thing i touched relating to indicators was the hazard switch on the dash. and the only thing i changed in that was the light that lights it up :S

edit: i also tried without the new leds in the switches still no luck.

is there a trick to getting the top relay out? it seems stuck

Edited by stenve

hey mate,

my indicator relay is at the very bottom of the steering collum cover.when ur sitting in the drivers seat lean forward and stick ur hand under the dash thingo under the steering colum.ull find the buzzer thing that beeps when the keys are in the ignition and the door is open to the left of that and a lil higher up is the relay.now you could have done 2 things to stop them all working.when uv installed these new leds you have shorted the wires out and blown the fuse.easy way to tell that is to turn ur head lights on.if you have no parkers or dash lights youv blown the fuse (located in the fuse box in the back to the right hand side of the battery,its the first 10 amp (red) one u get to from the front.or you could have just not pluged in the hazzard switch back in properly,hence why non of the indicators are working so check that again.other then that theres a fuse for just the indicators in the fuse box near the steering wheel. hope that helps.

Jack