SAU Community

The Day I Lost Faith

Black_Vash

This is frustrating.

To all you (probably well intentioned) sheep out there advising him to make a complaint or take it further, if you had more of the facts you would dare him to, then sit back and laugh as you watch the train-wreck unfold before your eyes... But by all means, keep riding that "Police are bastards" bandwagon if it makes you feel better. The gaols are full of "innocent' people. Just ask em all...

Think I'll leave this thread before the keyboard warrior lynch mob tells me to piss off out of it.

Well on Wednesday night i was minding my own when i got pulled over buy a cop car (nothing new), anyway as soon as i stepped out of my car i was yelled out to place my hands on the roof of my car and not to move and i complied. Anyways when they were asking me a heap of questions i politly asked why i was pulled over and they siad that they were following me and they seen me doing at lest 80km/h in a 50 zone, to which i replyed that i was not speeding but rather doing under 40km/h when i passed them going in the other way, Anyways they asked me where my drivers licence was and said that it was in my wallet.

Anyways to cut the story short i have a NT licence since i mainly live in NT and come down to SA due to work. well the couldn't prove that i was speeding and so they said that they were going to Defect my car and started looking it over for atlest 20 min while i was been questioned why i was in Adelaide for and how long have i been here and why i have a SA reg on my car if i live in NT. To which i explained that i fly back and have a car in Alice springs and its cheeper to fly and faster then to drive 1500km every month. So in the end they couldn't find anything to defect me for, so to slap me in the face they pinned me for not having a SA licence but an SA reg car. So that means that i am lieing to them and so they pinned me with a $325!!! fine and i am not allowed to drive till i get a SA licence. So long story short i had to FuC* walk home at 9:30 at night caz i didnt bring my bank card with me and now i lose half a weeks worth of wage because two little wankers who think they are kool caz they get to carry firearms around think that they are "The Law" I aint saying that all Sapol cops are bad but for F*ck sake how come there are sooo many wankers in Gaypol. I feel its unjust that caz my work forces me to travel as part of me position between SA and NT that i should be treated like a crim caz i love and look after my skyline........

In summing up this story that now that maybe that next time i should just speed so that i get a $127 doller fine insteed of telling the truth......might even just not stop and see how far i can get...but in saying that I aint that kinda person who would do something but out of the 15 months that i have been traveling between SA and NT i have been pulled over at lest 12 times that i can remember and in NT never.

Sick of Gaypol treating skyline owners as all crims and scum not every one is!!! :(:)

Internal Affairs? So you want to be a rat? You will never make it to the Feds with your attitude. They do monitor these forums you know...

Reeks of "I'm an innocent victim, poor me" syndrome and bullshite to me.

Also, to all the gaolhouse lawyers out there, when I researched the same thing (Different in the Army, as your Commonwealth (ADF) ID etc allows you to drive all over Oz) I discovered that if you are a permanent resident of SA and have been for over 3 months you are required to change your licence to SA. If they were as bad as you say, they could have defected your car without any problem. Even the dumbest can find a defect on a modified Skyline in under 20 mins...

I can send you some tissues if you want...

Let the flaming begin! I bet this will be a big one...

PS. sinistagtst, I am amazed a fellow member of the ADF could swallow such a story hook, line and sinker...

OMGWTF?!?!?!?!!?!? do you even read stuff before you start ranting??????

or just read the first line and dissmiss it as "inoccent victim rant"???

who are you to insult his choice of career if he wants to be in IA???

cops only have to suspect you of having a defect and they can defect you... so if they REALLY wanted to defect him they probably could of (if they knew the law)

probably time for you to head to bed and think long and hard about what you should be posting now that your getting such a good rest

A rant, yes. A cry? You gotta be kidding me...

A member for 2 days and your third post is this gem. Fool.

you f**kwit, so being a member here longer makes u superior to him?

Never asked to have a shoulder to cry on i am just stating what happend, if i was driving like a tool fair enough atlest i would know that i was asking for it! but not when i was driving home from work. BTW i only have a pod and Intercooler so thats why i got no defect. If you dont like my side of events what happend u dont have to read em. I dont ask for pitty just stating what happened and how pissed i am at the events what happended.

Anyways dont really care what anyone thinks too be honest caz all i know is that its bull crap!

I feel sinista is right, youve been done over dude.

did you get their badge numbers?

report the incident today at your nearest police station; make that report AND DONT BACK DOWN, complain about the BS treatment you received. you did nothing wrong, so make a stand for your rights.

don't go to police station nothing much will come of that

yeah Troy sorry to hear of your misfortune if you need the number to a good solicitor i would be only to happy to send you a number

i think you need to clearly with times dates and everything you can remember write a properly constructed letter to Police Commissioner Mal Hyde (but get legal advice first if this is the appropriate way to treat this matter)

horrible story and just goes to prove how shite SAPOL really are. Sorry to hear of your situation.

But seriously dude, you must drive like a minger (or have your car riced to the max) if you have been pulled over 12 times in the past year - I spend all day on the road, do 30,000km a year and haven't been pulled over once. And I often drive my Skyline like a stole it :)

lol same Andrew

To follow on from what Madaz said, if your going to take it further then make sure you write the facts down and date and sign them for your own records.

I don't think it will go any further as cops lie. so it'll be your story against (I'm guessing) two officers and they always believe the the officer cos' hey "they have no reason to lie".

A rant, yes. A cry? You gotta be kidding me...

A member for 2 days and your third post is this gem. Fool.

Rant, cry, same shit different dog, sounds like you just want to start shit. :P

As for being a member for only 2 days, I have been a member for awhile I just had a different username, one I am not longer using.

• 1 month later...

Was this ever disputed? you have an opportunity to dispute any fine if you believe that you are right. I Hold a SA drivers licence and have since the day i got my license. I worked in Qld for 3 years though remained a permanent resident of SA, i had a car registered in Qld for the same reasons you stated above. I too needed a car in both states and as it is impossible to hold a license in more than one state or territory in Australia then you are in fact able to register multiple vehicles in more than one state. This can be verified at any department of transport in Australia and quashes the fine issued by SAPOL.

Edited by fieds83

Sorry to hear what happened dude. What they did was plain and simply wrong. I don't believe that there is a law that requires you to have a SA drivers liscence in order to register a vehicle here. If it did I am sure they would ask you for your licence details on the rego form. In fact, if it were the case then I am sure the motorreg sa wouldn't have let you register the car in the first place and by doing so they have broken the law if that were the case. I would be tempted to get some form of legal advice. try the transportsa website for the legislation.

I do know that if you have been living in a state on a semi permanent basis for longer than 3 months that you are required to surrender your interstate licence and rego plates and get a state licence and rego plates for the state you are residing in. If you are just coming back for a week here and a week there, then you shouldn't have to have an SA licence. If you spend the majority of time in NT then you would not be allowed to have an SA licence. In fact I don't think that you are allowed to have more than 1 licence for a particular class of vehicle here in Australia. I think that was brought to stop forged IDs etc. Don't quote me on this but it is just stuff that I have heard in the trenches along the way.