SAU Community

Is This Fast?

NYTSKY

I pulled out GT3 after playing GT4 for a while.And deceided to do a bit of time attack with my GTR:

34GTR Full tune super soft tires.

On Midfield Raceway i clocked a 1:04:42.

No coarse cutting.Purely on track racing,didnt drop a wheel.

Just wondering if this was a quick time compared to the average.

CHEERS

can i try and beat it on GT4 ?

Go ahead but both R34 GTRs will be different regarding tune.Also the handling characteristics of both games are very different.

^^ ooooh ok.

GT3 is the only GT i havent played, into forza atm actually. Ill hit up the GT4 this weekend and see what i can get?

Hey i was doing my own Tsukuba super lap on GT4 with my full tune 34GTR i got 47.9sec no NOS and qualifying tires.

I think thats quick.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, well i had a go at what i could do. on gt4 in tsukuba with no NOS and qualifying tyres i got 47.898. i could possibly get a bit quicker but not sure how much.

as for midfield raceway on gt3 i got 1:03.844. i could get a fraction quicker on that time as i was behind my ghost until the first checkpoint

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a 47.242 on Tsukuba with my 34 V-spec II Nur that has the original turbos high flowed to put out 911KW!

It gets a 1/4 mile time of 8.918 at Las Vegas time strip on GT4.

I will have a go at Midfield Raceway now...

Just got a 1.02.941 at Midfield.

I've found that if you use [ ] to brake and tap X while down shifting (effectively heel n' toeing) instead of using the analogue joysticks, even though you loose some 'throttle control', you gain about a second per lap on your time. :)

Edited by White GTS-T

I've found that if you use [ ] to brake and tap X while down shifting (effectively heel n' toeing) instead of using the analogue joysticks, even though you loose some 'throttle control', you gain about a second per lap on your time

what do you mean?

and was midfield done on gt3 or gt4?

Time was done on GT4.

what do you mean?

Okay I'll try and explain it a little better. Instead of using the right analogue stick to accelerate and brake, you use the (X) button to accelerate and the square ([]) button to break. Now when your downshifting and breaking using the square button ([]) you 'blip the throttle' (X) with the lower part of your thumb. So when breaking and downshifting you simultaniously tap the throttle, which still slows the car at the same rate but keeps the revs up. Which makes it as if your 'Heel n' Toeing' just like in real life. This allows you to break later and accelerate out of the corner much faster effictivly reducing lap times...

Did that explain it or just make it more confusing? :P