SAU Community

Cairns/far North Skyline Owners

rb26s13

Hey guys,

Just got back to Cairns, keen to do a cruise with who ever is keen. Normally go up the kuranda range, via mareeba, stop at mt molloy for a burger, down the julatten range, then cap cook highway. Normally takes the good part of a day but some decent roads. Not sure when, I'm up for another 3 weeks just thought i'd suss out who was keen.

I'm up in Cairns - sorry, with a hire car after a plane flight - on the Easter weekend.

Up to see some rellies.

But I will take note of that route of yours jnb, and try it out.

The hire car will make me go like a granny!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Guys need some ideas on where to go for a tune...? Spent wayy to much money on my car lately and the final step is the tune. She'll be running great after that. Anyone have any opinions on decent places to go?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Im wanting to sell my turbo.

It is an HKS 2535. A bit more power over standard with very similar boost response.

Direct bolt on to R32 and R33 , im pretty sure it will fit R34 aswell.

Its still attached to my car, so I can take you for a spin to see what its like.

As comparison, a stock R33 will make about 130kw atw, and R34 GTT stock will make about the 150kw mark.
The turbo on my car makes 180kw atw on only 10psi.

Nothing wrong with the turbo, just chasing more power now.
Be warned however, with stock injectors you will be able to run only about 10-12psi.

Possibly even maxing out your AFM.

I can help fit the turbo on to your car aswell, and change injectors if you have them.

$1000 for SAU

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Guys need some ideas on where to go for a tune...? Spent wayy to much money on my car lately and the final step is the tune. She'll be running great after that. Anyone have any opinions on decent places to go?

Hey guys, any opinions on tuners in the Cairns area?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys, any opinions on tuners in the Cairns area?

Cheers

I'm after the same info. I hear SVS is good but expensive.

I've got an R32 GTR.

Just bought a truck load of parts from Japan. HKS GTSS turbo's, Tomei Poncams, HKS dumps, front pipe, cat, cat back, and a few other goodies. I'm just waiting for a Power FC and a Tomei manifold and I want to get all of this bolted on and tuned.

Anyone dealt with SVS or know any other decent tuners in Cairns?

I do my own tuning, but when I need dyno time, Cameron at SVS is the gun tuner for skylines up here.

The other place up here with an AWD dyno dropped a friends EVO8 off the side a little over a year ago, and then tried to repair the damage on the cheap. (exhaust and tank damage)

Other offerings are single roller dynos. I've heard neither good or bad reports about their capabilities though. Its really hard to trust people's opinions up here too. Seems 1/2 the people in the car scene up here are full of a mix of dreams, second hand information and BS.

Cheers Ian,

Thanks for the info.

That EVO8 horror story is my worst nightmare. I hear you about the car scene in Cairns. I'm just after a responsive, reliable GTR. Not chasing big dyno numbers like most other people these days.

Are there ever any meets up here? Seems pretty quiet.

Edited by GOJ1RA