SAU Community

BOV Q's

Ok.. so im getting my car serviced on the weekend, and I was thinking of getting them to fit a BOV while they are at it.

Now, realistically, all I want it for is the wank factor. Sure the sound is loud at the minute with the Pod, but I want the typical Whiplash sound that we all know and love (or hate).

The question is, since I already have an SAFC, I can have it venting to the atmo without comming into any issues?

Should I leave the stock BOV as well?

If I plumbback the aftermarket BOV, do I still get my wanky rice sound?

I'm, looking at some sort of Turbosmart BOV... any recommendations?

Cheers.

:boobs:

yeh youll have to block off the std BOV but thats not a real issue

it will cause some slight problems with fuel mixtures but nothing serious

turbosmarts are very loud and in my opinion rediculous, if youre gunah get an atmo venting BOV go for something a little quieter like a HKS SSQ as the turbosmarts will piss you off after a while, i know the **** me to tears in my mates 180!!

i am in QLD and nismogirl has been defected and i know mine will be to, its **** and its not like it is worth arguing with the cops as they will slap you with more fines, i am putting a plumback on mine.

I owned a highly modified VL Calais Turbo before this.. trust me, i know all about defects. :nod:

Literally, I couldnt give a rats ass what the cops thought, I want to enjoy my car for what it is, not what they think it should be. :shake:

Thanks for the info.. now I gotta chase up a BOV before saturday :cool:

I've just bought a GFB Hybrid. It's convertible from two trumpets (it actually becomes a Bovus Maximus if you do this), one trumpet and a plumbback hose (so you don't get stalling and running rich probs) or two hoses for silent operation.

BTW The 2 hose one is not mentioned on their site, but you can do it with a bit of fancy tubing.

That was the whole reason I bought it, so I could convert it from noisy to quiet.

Jimbo

I got a turbosmart plumb back on my r32 and can say they work pretty good. the advantage adout this particular BOV is that i can make it plumb back then a miniute with a socket set can make it vent 2 atmos. in plumb back the sound isnt much louder than std. but when V2A it lets go with a huge PPPSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! a bit like the sound when you let the air out of a tyre. It works well in both ways.

heres a pic of the plumb back and the supersonic turbo smart BOV. Notice they are exactly the same BOV but the super sonic has a trumpet sort of Xhaust housing wheres the plumb back has a out let pipe!!!

just a quick BOV question

is the pitch/volume of noise made by the BOV related to air pressure being generated? or is it all in the actual BOV and trumpet setup?

will the BOV noise increase with the amount of boost you run? similar to the increased induction sound when you up the boost?

Yes.. the BOV sound will be louder when you release at higher boost.

Just say you plant your foot and you see full boost by 3000rpm.. if you shift gears, the sound will be the loudest that you will get.

At higher RPM, even on same full boost, the sound is less..

Guest sir_GTR

Super Sequential BOV, nice and high pitch

ssqbov.jpg

got 2 of these in my car, but the newly fitted K&N pods are just as loud... umm sweet :D