SAU Community

Mallala Prac Day 18/8

Deluxe

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need a licence L2S or higher to enter these modern regularity days. hmmm Is it the same for the normal practice days? or are you allowed to practice on a L2NS?

If not, ill have to look into upgrading my licence.

Cheers

Ric

You need a licence L2S or higher to enter these modern regularity days. hmmm Is it the same for the normal practice days? or are you allowed to practice on a L2NS?

If not, ill have to look into upgrading my licence.

Cheers

Ric

I believe you can have a day licence, I will be checking with our Superkart sponsor as he is the one that scrutineers the cars also! You also have to be a member of a CAMS club to do Modern Reg.

The way i see it it's $90 + $20 day licence to run the Sat prac

or

it's $60 to do Modern Reg + Club memeber ship of about $40 + $20 day licence

BUT Modern Reg i think is better because your in your timed group and you won't have as many people to pass or get passed AND they do timing also!!!!

Hmmmmmm desisions to be made!

If you have a CAMS licence, it means you have a Car club membership, cause thats one of the requirements to get a licence in the first place.

Deluxe, so you are saying that its only $60 to do the modern regularity? (if you hold a licence that is)

Thats cheap as chips, im in! :P

You need to be a member of a Cams affiliated club, and have your cams L2s licence (Club PSi, about $135 will get you both for 1 year)

I think you can get day passes which cover both ? not sure but a full years license works out to be cheaper if you are going to do it more than once or twice per year.

you then need to pay the mallala/modern reg track fee's of $110 per car (where did you guys get $60 from)

Edited by BlitzSSS

I was told it was $60, But don't hold it to me, It looks like i'll be doing the Modern reg day, So i'll ring our Superkart sponsor and confirm exactly what we need ok!! well for the people that are like me and are not part of a club, Think i'll join up with Superkart Club as i think it's the cheapest!

Cool :D

Sorry, to correct my previous post, you still need to be a member of a Cams affiliated club, however you can get a day's cam license but its cheaper in the long run to get a yearly if you think you'll be doing this more often (which you will because its bloody good fun!)

Just downloaded the modern reg forms and it is $110 to enter :P

http://www.clubpsi.org/index.php?name=Down...nload&cid=2 (info on Modern Regularity)

Cool :D

Sorry, to correct my previous post, you still need to be a member of a Cams affiliated club, however you can get a day's cam license but its cheaper in the long run to get a yearly if you think you'll be doing this more often (which you will because its bloody good fun!)

Just downloaded the modern reg forms and it is $110 to enter :P

http://www.clubpsi.org/index.php?name=Down...nload&cid=2 (info on Modern Regularity)

:'( i dont wanna put a fire extinguisher in my car and ruin the plastics etc :'(

Regularity is a L2S event, like hill climbs and super sprints.

L2NS limits you to pretty much practice days, drifting and motorkhanas...

Edited by salad

So I can still do practice days then, cool thats good enough for me.

It is a bit of a contradiction really, dont you go as fast on a practice day as you would on a regularity day? isnt it still full track open to go for it? ;)

Hows the new engine coming along showza? Going to make it on the 18th?

Cheers

Ric

I think the whole "speed" thing is you're racing against the clock, with practice days, drifting etc, you're not. Motorkhanas you are, but it's low speed.

But yeah, track day is just go out and have fun, go as fast or as slow as you want.

New engine's coming together slowly, but making sure it's done right so I dont have to do this again for a long time :) Will just have to save up for a decent turbo after that, gonna be running an R33 S2 with VG30 rear housing (pretty much R34 turbo) for the mean time.

I think the whole "speed" thing is you're racing against the clock, with practice days, drifting etc, you're not. Motorkhanas you are, but it's low speed.

But yeah, track day is just go out and have fun, go as fast or as slow as you want.

New engine's coming together slowly, but making sure it's done right so I dont have to do this again for a long time :D Will just have to save up for a decent turbo after that, gonna be running an R33 S2 with VG30 rear housing (pretty much R34 turbo) for the mean time.

u wont know what lag is with that baby, haha!

Brakes are in, Just no time to fit em up, Don't think the car will be making it out there anymore......For F#%ks sake! BUT as i said i will be out there on the Sat with our IP car, so keep your eyes peeled for a Blue RA40 Celica with a 3sgte!!!!!