SAU Community

What Sort Of Battery For An R33?

My R33 car battery went flat the other night and I when I went to jump it I noticed it doesn't have any visible water cells. Does everyone with an R33 have this same type? :unsure: Being a Jap car, are these batteries easy to come across?

Being a Jap car, are these batteries easy to come across?

depends how much you want to spend really

if you want to spend a bit for one to last you longer then get one of those maintenance free batteries deep cycle batteries

or if you just want to spend less then get a normal one

try and get something to match how much CCA you need, mines 550cca which is more than enough i reakon...

coz with the 33 the battery is in the boot behind all the sound gear, i went a quality dry cell battery

cost like 400 bux or something but should see out the life of the car;

Is this the one with no visible cells (no caps)? Because that's what I have already. :down:

Legaly you have to have a sealed battery because it is in the boot which isnt well ventilated. A sealed century DIN53L for about $140 will do the job nicely, but you will have to change your terminals for larger ones which isn't really a big deal.

i need a new battery too my car was struggling to start the other morning, i think its going to die very soon.

$400+ for a dry cell battery f*ck!, thats how much i spent on my headdeck

is it really worth it? how long do they last in comparison to normal batteries? are they better for car audio then normal ones or is there no difference.