SAU Community

Stage 2 Shift Kit - Knox Automatics!

Hey all,

Just wanted to give a big shout out to Michael and all the crew at Knox Automatics in Rowville, Vic. Just got my shift kit put in and damn its the best!!! So yeh i highly recommend these guys, they install the keas system and service the transmission for roughly $400 and its a top job. Gear changes are very smooth still considering the perfomance difference, its like bang bang bang instantanious shifts... im in love! Cheers bois!

- JT.

• 7 months later...

Good service + good product!

Made my car more drivable and predictable at the expense of jerky gear shifts at low speeds (<15m/h), but offers much more control during normal driving conditions as the transmission isn't taking its own sweet time in changing gears.

+1 for Knox Automatics

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone got contact details for them? I looked up Knox Auto's in white pages and yellow pages and nothing came up.

Strike that... found it.

Knox Automatics

Factory 2 / 3, Laser Drive

Rowville 3178

03) 9764 2222

Edited by gadget1382

After a month with this:

+: Faster shifts.

-: Driving slowly around the carpark with the transmission jumping from first to second and first again feels really jerky, which I solved by putting it into "snow", to keep it at 2nd gear until I reach normal roads.

Recommended!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to dig up the topic. I'm really new to my R34 so excuse the noob question. When manually changing gears it's quite laggy, it seems to wait until it thinks it's appropriate to shift. Is this pretty normal? Is it waiting for me to take my foot off throttle slightly? Not sure what to expect, never had a tiptronic style trans before.

• 1 month later...

Hey i know this theard is old but thought no point in starting a new one, just got the stage2 shift kit installed from Knox went for a test drive, man feels good quicker gear change for auto havn't fully test it yet. Can't wait! :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

can you guys get me an email address for them so i can maybe get a kit shipped to the usa for my r33 im upgrading the turbo to a 3076r and i want the tanny to stand up or if you have any other options for me that might be available here in the states. thanks

• 8 months later...

i just installed a Stage 2 shift kit and Auto service from Knox Automatics for $400,

and its pretty awesome,

is it normal for it to kick back when it changes into gears?

thanks Knox Autos

i just installed a Stage 2 shift kit and Auto service from Knox Automatics for $400,

and its pretty awesome,

is it normal for it to kick back when it changes into gears?

thanks Knox Autos

i have one, dont know what you mean by kick back, but PM me as i dont check this section much :P or if you are inner east just come for a ride and compare

I've read really great things about the Stage 2 Shift Kits, definitely plan to get one in the near future after a few other important things (both car and non-car related).

Has anyone had the same upgrade done in Brisbane? Anyone recommend a workshop to carry it out hoepfully around the same price as the above? I'm hoping this will solve the frustrations I have with my laggy auto box :D

can one put these kits in by themselves with the right tools etc, or is it a delicate matter that needs the skillful hands of a auto trans surgeon?

i have heard of people self installing the MV kits, but for 395 drive in/out at knox, and IIRC the MV kit is 450 for the valvebody alone, and they are change over, just drive in/out IMO