SAU Community

Massive Boost Leak

Nic19

hey guys i got a gk tech cooler kit. and i have put it in a while ago and now have a huge boost leak. as soon as i get any boost it just a massive whistle sound. not the normal sound of the turbo. and dont know where to start looking. and it is runnin really rich so i need to fix it before i go to get the tune done.

Cheers

On the dyno the other day I saw one of these chinese cooler kits also leaking at the cooler piping. It turns out the piping is not round where the silicon joiners go (in this instance it was at the drivers side intercooler piping to the cooler itself). Ended up zip-tying the extremity of the silicon after the clamp and worked wonders to hold 30 psi in the SR20.

Check for ovality.

BF

i just found out i got a boost leak as well... and found a crack on my cooler piping.. i tried using duct tape to cover the crack to see if it helps.. but it didn't really made any difference..

does that mean i got another leak somewhere or is the duct tape leaking as well??

also anyone has a pic of r34 engine bay.. and circle all the areas that should be check for leaks?? as i'm not sure where all the vacuum hoses are.

i had a wieerd one happen to me on my 33, theres a hose that comes off your manifold that runs to the corner of your cross over pipe...my popped off at the manifold...was hard to find coz i could cruise and lightly accelerate and idle fine but once i needed boost it would push off slightly and leak, once i backed off it would suck back on.. bastard haha