SAU Community

Looking To Buy A Hot Coupe

griffin3

Hi Skyliner’s

I NEED A NEW CAR- Please I need Help

LOOKING TO BUY A HOT COUPE'-I have looked everywhere and only found 2 cars in WA (GTR V SPEC~N1 with a 5 speed Manual & a Black Auto 350Z GT Skyline) that come close to the machine I really want.

The best one I have found so far is a GTR V SPEC~N1 – it’s the real thing ~1 of 228.

However, Problem is I am disabled and cannot use a manual clutch/gearbox. So

Question

1) GTR -Can it be convert to an auto-Bolt on Auto if possable, so what will be the best gear to use & who could do it & what do you think it may cost! I don't want to cut anything or damage the GTR-so it can be restored to original condition.

2) Can a 350Z auto gearbox or a CVT (Consistent Veritable Transmition) Automatic gearbox fit a N1 block with a converted bell housing. What other mods will be required to function-OR is it too complicated and too costly to do this type of conversion & be cheaper to buy an Auto straight off the bat?

3)I'am Open to ALL suggestions/recommendations of other types of HOT coupe’s that have been customised or have been rebuilt with lots of High Performance Parts by their owners. I want a turnkey solution, so a custom show car would be perfecto. If you have got what I want or know where I can find one please let me know :P ~ [email protected]

Thanks

griffin3

Mate I really don't want to come across as a prick, but unless the conversion can be done as a 100% bolt-on without having to butcher the N1 in any way, please don't do it.

When I went shopping for my GTR a few yrs ago I had the chance to buy a clean, 100% original V-spec II but after careful consideration I realised a car like that deserved to be kept on it's original condition which is something I couldn't see myself doing so I instead bought a freshly re-built "std-issue" GTR & I couldn't be happier.

By all means get yourself a GTR but please think seriously about going with a non "spec" version. I know there's every chance whoever buys the N1 will trash, thrash & otherwise f**k with it without truly realising what they have but I'd also like to think whoever buys it will keep it in the condition it deserves.

Having said all that, the Stagea auto will probably be the go & might even be a "bolt-in" & it that's the case, grab the N1 & enjoy every single day of owning it. If it helps you any, shoot me a PM & I might be able to help you out with sourcing the parts you need.

What year is the GTR?

if it's an early model say R32, use the GTS4 auto box, get the MV automatics shift kit, R32 pedal box, mount the trans computer under a kick panel and wire it up

in saying that though, the GTRs never came out with an auto transmission, so it won't retard the timing everytime the gear is changed, which means you'll get a slightly rough change at full power

Edited by skybarge

whoops forgot one other thing:

diff, you'll need the auto diffs otherwise you'll have a very weird and possibly slow diff ratio,

so parts needed:

trans cooler(or radiator with one in the bottom off an auto skyline)

GTS4 or Stagea gearbox

GTS4 or Stagea pedal box or you could use the existing brake and accel

Auto gearbox flexi plate?

Auto ecu

Auto loom

Park brake wiring

Reverse light wiring from auto

MV Auto shift kit(or your box will go a lot faster, especially under the torque of the RB26)

maybe a high stall converter

front engine diff off GTS4 or stagea - will have to match the rear diff

rear diff off GTS4 or stagea

Total cost anywhere from $1000 - $2500(in my opinion definitely not worth it, unless you are partially disabled and need a car auto?) - "whoops my bad I missed that part :nyaanyaa: no offence intended"

then parts to keep to convert it back:

everything you've taken off,

Gearbox, pedal box, pedals, clutch, flywheel etc

Edited by skybarge

However, Problem is I am disabled and cannot use a manual clutch/gearbox. So

skybarge.... this is actually the whole reason he is asking about it....

def a good place to start some research with it anyway griffin3.... you shouldn't let ANYTHING stop you from doing what you love

oh true, I thought i read that part, oh well that answers the question I wrote

Definitely do it then man :) I would do the same thing to be honest :laugh:

There are a few people over here driving them, one person has lost an arm and still manages to use a hollinger dog box 6 speed and has round 700hp :S

So anything is possible, if you need anymore help just ask :O

Neil

all RBs are the same at the back end for the bell housing, so the Auto won't be a problem. I was contemplating an auto GTR for my wife who is disabled as well. I'd ignore any advice not to modify a "spec" model in the 32/33 range as the differences are almost non existent, especially after much swapping of brakes and new suspension after years of punishment. I don't rate the 33 ALSD at all so try to avoid the V-spec models, a non V-spec is a better alternative. An N1 though is a worthy machine to own and deserves to be driven daily so fill your boots and put in the new diff ratios while you are at it.

No help with the V35 but my thoughts are the ECUs would give dramas playing with the CVT-8 and there aren't enough parts available yet to play that game.

Neil

all RBs are the same at the back end for the bell housing, so the Auto won't be a problem. I was contemplating an auto GTR for my wife who is disabled as well. I'd ignore any advice not to modify a "spec" model in the 32/33 range as the differences are almost non existent, especially after much swapping of brakes and new suspension after years of punishment. I don't rate the 33 ALSD at all so try to avoid the V-spec models, a non V-spec is a better alternative. An N1 though is a worthy machine to own and deserves to be driven daily so fill your boots and put in the new diff ratios while you are at it.

No help with the V35 but my thoughts are the ECUs would give dramas playing with the CVT-8 and there aren't enough parts available yet to play that game.

Hi Skyliner's

I would like to thank everyone for there idears and sugestions,due to illness "again" :)

and all the hospital visits I can't do anything yet! until I'v recovered, This realy Pissed me off as I'm sick of bloody hospital, but at least I'v got something to look forward too as I'm realy hanging out to get my new wheels. I'll check back with you all as soon as they let me out of hospital "They will not let me take my laptop in with me-bummer". Thanks guys you have given me some much needed hope and something to look forward too. Many thanks to all, be safe out there, :D griffin