SAU Community

Dash Led

bugger

Hey guys.

Just got the T10s from 666Dan for my Dash light. How to replace it?

I took off the dash and look behind, the T10s are like too small for the main bulb size.

is there anything to be done?

I thought is 'plug and play' type.

Need Help.

Do not want to spend money to get mechanic to do if I can do it myself.

Cheers.

they are plug and play. look at all of the lights on the back of the dash and you will see what lights are the same size as dan sent ya. pull the old globes out, plug in the LED's and put it all back together. 15min job max.

Very easy to do yourself. Make sure that you test the lights are in the correct way before putting the dash back together by plugging it back in and turning the cars lights on, note which ones dont turn on and flip them around

the globe is held in the brown holder that screws to the back of the dash with half a twist. undo this. the globe and holder are then in your hand. grab the holder in 1 hand and the globe in the other hand and pull apart. they are pretty hard to break.

keep the old globe. pull the blue plastic off them and they make good spare globes for your parkers etc.

As baconer says, put all the led's in the dash and plug it into your car. Before you put it all back together, turn your lights on. if 1 or more of the led's dont light up, you have the pos+ and neg- around the wrong way. pull the led out and turn it around 180degrees. easy as

Cool...

Thanks guys!!

and the next question..

how to get to the DASH???

which screws to remove to remove the DASH surround???

:D

You have to take the whole dash off. Start with the screws behind the ashtray, pop the console bit off then pull the rest of it off. There is a bit of jiggling needed to get it to come off, mainly due to the steering wheel. This must be adjusted down to give extra room.

After that, the rest of the screws are easy to see.

You have to take the whole dash off. Start with the screws behind the ashtray, pop the console bit off then pull the rest of it off. There is a bit of jiggling needed to get it to come off, mainly due to the steering wheel. This must be adjusted down to give extra room.

After that, the rest of the screws are easy to see.

I've tried remove the console but the steering wheel area is tough. is there any more screws at that area? i do not want to break any part. :thumbsup:

Remove the steering wheel column surrounds first, should be 4 or 5 screws on the underside. Should come off in 3 parts (top, bottom and key surround)

then as Evesdropping said, pull out ashtray, and remove the section surround gearstick. The rest is all clipped in (atleast 6 from memory), just jiggle or gently pry with a screw driver till all are removed.

Next you will need to unplug all the plugs which are attached, simple enough just hard to access but all you do is push sides in and pull off.

Once you have done this you will have access to the gauge cluster, 4 or 5 screws from memory (some are hidden pretty well)

Remove plugs from the back of the cluster and pull cluster out onto a table, that should be all, just replace LED's, test they are correct position then reverse the steps.

hey guys i have R34 GTT

ive been tried to replace the old bulbs to leds from DAN

i did triple guage and they are perfect.

but once i change the leds on dash cluster... it doesnt light up... and tried to turn the leds to 180 degree and they are still not working..

and also it seems to be a lot less than i required....

do you have to change all the bulbs in the brown holders and black and silver holders aswell?

even if i dont need to change black and silver holders... it still needs more leds...

i only see 4 or 5 brown holders on left hand side, another 4 or 5 brown holders on right hand side, and one black holders on right and one silver on left hand side.. also 5 brown holders on the top middle...

which one do i have to change?

and if you change only one bulb do you see that light up red even if you didnt change them all?

cheers

paul

Edited by tyaos

Hey tyaos, how did you replace the triple guage?.. Im interested in buying LED's from DAN and then fixing it on my dash as well..

bugger, have you completed it yet? does anyone have any pics?

Cheers

hey mate

yes ive completed!!

it gave me a fu@#kn headache

but after i finished

it gave me a joy~lol

anyway

the triple guage

you have to take out the aircon vent first

to take them out put flat head screw on top right hand side of aircon vents and take it out...

i cant describe properly how to take them out but you need to use flat head screw to take them out. not screwing some screw but..

anyway after you take them out, now you can see two screws inside where the vent located.

undo the 2 top one and the triple guage is free to take out.

just turn that over and youll see 3 brown plastic things

turn 90degree and they pop out

replace the bulb to led and put them in. check before you close the guages.

for the cluster...

undo plastic cover around steering wheel. 4 or 5 screws under the plastic cover and pop the top one out and take down side cover.

everytime you take them out please dont force it.

after that undo two screws on top of cluster and remove cluster plastic cover. there is temperature measuring sensor connected and rubber hose. just pull out the rubber hose and unplug the white plastic.

and undo 3 screws to take out the cluster unit.

and now youll be able to move the cluster.

after i see the back of the cluster i didnt unplug anything.... i just didnt want to make trouble..lol

now till the cluster to your side and see back of cluster. you can see the same plastic things as you saw in triple guage.

but dont ever touch brown or black plastic plug. those are the warning lights... i changed them all to leds at first try and was pain in my ass to put them back on....

on the middle youll see the grey plastic plug. about 5 of them.

change them and check everytime when you replace the bulbs

i made gradation on lights to put blue on and red next to it. i can see purple on the middle lol

it is quite nice.

ill post up some pictures when i get connect the internet...

i know my explation descriptions are very hard to understand.. but thank you for read my long...essay..lol

cheers

paul

Thanks for that mate.. appreciate it.. I bought the Leds, they will be arriving anytime soon now :P .. I will print off your instructions and follow them.. hopefully it'll all turn out well aye..

You've put it quite simply, so its pretty easy to understand..(well now anyway!) if i have any q's ill let you know lol!

Thanks again, i will let you know of the progress, and hopefully post some pics when i can..

Thanks for that mate.. appreciate it.. I bought the Leds, they will be arriving anytime soon now :) .. I will print off your instructions and follow them.. hopefully it'll all turn out well aye..

You've put it quite simply, so its pretty easy to understand..(well now anyway!) if i have any q's ill let you know lol!

Thanks again, i will let you know of the progress, and hopefully post some pics when i can..

i hope you dont have trouble to understand my writing lol

its not too hard once you know what you are doing. at my first time i had no idea what the hell is this and that.. and after i tried disconnect anything everything and i knew what they are lol

good luck!

hrmz.. i need help..

i just tried to install the LED into my dash.. but it doesn't work.. i kept trying it again by replacing it 180degree but same thing happens.. doesn't go on at all.. only the odo LED turns on.. none of the other 4 goes on at all..

so i tried replacing with the SLIP n TCS .. and it does turns on blue but when i tried to put it back on the main 4 LED.. it doesn't turn on..

so i replaced all the LED back to the original bulb.. and it still doesn't turn on... which means that i can't drive my car at night now... every other light works except.. speedo.. rev... petrol and water.. doesn't work..

any idea where i went wrong??

hrmz.. i need help..

i just tried to install the LED into my dash.. but it doesn't work.. i kept trying it again by replacing it 180degree but same thing happens.. doesn't go on at all.. only the odo LED turns on.. none of the other 4 goes on at all..

so i tried replacing with the SLIP n TCS .. and it does turns on blue but when i tried to put it back on the main 4 LED.. it doesn't turn on..

so i replaced all the LED back to the original bulb.. and it still doesn't turn on... which means that i can't drive my car at night now... every other light works except.. speedo.. rev... petrol and water.. doesn't work..

any idea where i went wrong??

hrmmmmmm thats weard...

you dont have to take out your leds to turn 180 degrees.. you can just turn 180 degree the socket... but i dont know why yours not working.... so it doesnt work with original globe....

whats SLIP N TCS??

sorry i cant help....

problem solved... realised that when i unplug the dash.. the illumination wire came loose and i didn't see it until i tried to trace the wire from the illumination knob. so i had to attach it to the plug again and all works fine now.. something so simple.. gave me such a big headache.

TCS and SLIP is for the traction control on the r34.

blue LEDs went in on 1st try after got my dash lights to work again.. and they all lighted up on 1st try.. if only it was like this when i tried to put it in yesterday.

Thanks for the help tyaos, it came in really handy.. in the end it wasnt that hard to fix it.. i didint take the whole cluster out, but managed to replace the bulbs ok anyway..

Edited by iMessenger

Thanks for the help tyaos, it came in really handy.. in the end it wasnt that hard to fix it.. i didint take the whole cluster out, but managed to replace the bulbs ok anyway..

[/quote

no worries its good to hear that i helped!! cheers~