SAU Community

R32 Engine Spec?

ive heard of a limited run (like 150 or so supposedely RARE AS!) of the r32 gtst or i think they also called it the gtsm about the same time the r32 gtr v spec 2 was released...

i think it came with the same body as the gtr (as in it had pumped guards)

now i always thought the mspec range was just cosmetic differences....

but they say this particular model came with a mspec2 2 rb20det engine... it had higher compression and a different turbo?

they say the engine is distinguishable by not having rb20 printed on the engine cover...

u know how the rb series have rb20, rb25 etc on the front of the engine, well this one is just blank...

i think it also came with bigger brakes..

can anyone confirm this???

ive searched everywhere and cant find much at all....

thanks..

Off the top of my head no idea.

I thought the only RB series engine that didn't have RB stamped into the timing belt cover was the RB30, well I don't remember there being one...

When the R32 V-Spec II came out in 1994 there were no R32 GTS-t's only R33 GTS, GTS-25 and so on.

Series 2 R32 GTS-t and GTS-4 did come with a RB20DET that no longer had RB20 on the cam cover, also the coil packs were different, other then that the engine is nearly identical to Series 1.

All non GTR R32's were discontinued after 1993 when the R33 chassis replaced it.

The only M-Spec I know of is the R34 GTR named for the LeMans cars.

so theres no such thing as an mspec 2?

I've never heard of an R32 MSpec 2 but I don't know all the special edition R32's.

But there is M-Spec and M-Spec II for the R34 GTR as well as the M-Spec II Nur..

Hey, just wondering if you are dead cert about the coilpacks?

I have a 92 series 2 facelift and an 89, same coilpacks :S you are right about the cam timing cover though :P that's definitely changed

There is a series 1 and 2 in r32 gts-t.

There is also a thing called a Type-M.

So you are referring to a series 2 Type-M. The engine is pretty much exactly the same (if not identical)

The biggest difference between Type-M and non-Type-M is that they have the bigger 4 piston brakes, leather gear know, gear boot and steering wheel.

All of the "other" Type-M things (sunroof, bodykit, upgrade interior, front lip) are options available on both Type-M and non-Type-M skylines.

The biggest difference between series 1 and series 2 is that series 1 has blue dials and series 2 has grey dials.

There is a R32 GTS and GTSt V-Selection II. Not too interesting really.

There is no such thing as an R32 M-Spec. The only car Nissan ever named M-Spec was the R34 GTR M-Spec and M-Spec Nur.

There is a series 1 and 2 in r32 gts-t.

There is also a thing called a Type-M.

So you are referring to a series 2 Type-M. The engine is pretty much exactly the same (if not identical)

The biggest difference between Type-M and non-Type-M is that they have the bigger 4 piston brakes, leather gear know, gear boot and steering wheel.

All of the "other" Type-M things (sunroof, bodykit, upgrade interior, front lip) are options available on both Type-M and non-Type-M skylines.

The biggest difference between series 1 and series 2 is that series 1 has blue dials and series 2 has grey dials.

All Series II GTS-t's are type-M, All GTS-4's series I and II are type-M. All of them have the bigger brakes, alloy wheels.

I can't recall which ones have which, but series I and series II coils differ in the fact that the contact point is a spring on one and a solid piece on the other.