SAU Community

Bendix Ultimates Suck

Yep, totally agree! :D

I personally, until i can afford a rally car with alot more power than what I've currently got, will stick to Lucas! I run it in both my street and rally cars, and for the money, is just unbeleivable! That said my priorities are probably slightly different to other, so for those worries about dust and/or rotor wear I cannot reccomend QFM pads highly enough!!!

The QFM HP-X is in the performance range of Ultimate (circa 550 degrees), yet are virutally dust free, and VERY kind on rotors... But for the fact that I like the extra 100 degrees out of Lucas, and don't care about dust, I would be running these pads! These are what I'm selling to Ford dealers to replace the OEM performance pads in the 355mm brake upgrade package, and the comments from customers are nothing but positive! They don't dust, they don't squeal, and they pull up very well! $85 for a set!

Above that QFM make a semi race pad that's good for 780 degrees, or a little bit better than EBC red stuff. Obviously its not 100% when cold, and has higher rotor wear than they're street pads, and these are around the $110 per set, although i've seen them advertised on ebay for $140 plus postage, still a bargain when you consider most Ultimate's are around that price!!!

Anyways, I think people will get the idea to stay away from Bendix! ;)

[edit] oh, and for those that might think i don't like bendix cause i can't get them/sell them/be competitive on them, i can, the same big 3 wholesalers that do dba, also do bendix, so its basically the same story as i said with dba before... i'm quite competitive on pricing, and would make more money on bendix, but just choose not to cause of the problems i've had with them...

Edited by jetpilot1986

and what the bendix tech is saying bull. i will never use bendix or RDA (rda a cheep copy of DBA).

i think you will actually find that RDA and DBA both come off the same line.........

i have RDA on the front and DBA on the rear, i had no choice cause i wanted them on b4 autosalon and DBA had run out of 310mm front slotted rotors australia wide, and no one could give me an answer for when they were going to be avaible again. every shop i spoke to about getting DBA said they would call me back, and never did. i had too call them. i called RDA and was able to speak to the wholesaler themselves, and even go down and speak to them, i could buy anything from them cause they didnt sell to the public, but it was to be able to speak to the people who sell the product rather than people in the shops who can give you the run around.

and the price wasnt that different either. (for slotted) RDA fronts (this was for 324mm fronts which i had to get machined down to 310mm cause they didnt fit my calipers, and due to the fact the RDA are currently making 310mm rotors and just didnt have any available) i got them for $340 the pair.

nissan were gonna to me a deal of $660 for the set of DBA front and rear, but they told me on the day that i picked them up that the fronts were not avaiable at all. so the rears ended up costing $315

so the total ended up being $655.

p.s i am also using bendix CT brake pads and have had no drama so far

In 75coupe's case my bet is that there is a problem eg calipers slow to release, dragging pads, soft rotors. I just know personally too many who are using Ultimates with good results to believe otherwise.

and cross drilled rotors do nothing except crack...the cooling on a rotor is done by airflow through the inside not between the pad and rotor, really you want nothing but disk there to give you more contact area....

Better tell Ferrari, porsche, Lamborghini etc that they're fools for using cross drilled and slotted rotors.

I've always been told that the reason DBA/RDA/insert other cheap rotor brand, cross drilled rotors crack is because they make the rotor and then drill into it or something, which obviously makes it weaker....I think Brembo etc make them in a different way so that the holes don't weaken the rotor...

rda dont fully go through the rotors with their cross drilled ones, its more like an indentation in the rotors itself, therefore reduces the risk of cracking (ive seen one the rotors too )

rda dont fully go through the rotors with their cross drilled ones, its more like an indentation in the rotors itself, therefore reduces the risk of cracking (ive seen one the rotors too )

they're dimpled...not drilled

I run the RDA grooved sports rotors on my 32R, they are also dimple drilled, coupled with EBC greenstuff pads for the street they work pretty good, low noise, and low dust, plus the rotors look awesome.

used to have ultimates with dba slotted rotors... nowhere near as good imo, ultimates are loud, and too dusty, i found i went through them super quick aswell, without much hard driving at all.