SAU Community

How Much Oil And Fluids Required For A Change?

Godzillr

I am looking to replace my engine, gearbox, diff oils and brake fluid on my R32 GTR. I need to find out how much oil and fluids I required for the change?

Any help appreciated

Engine - Motul 4100 (next time 8100) - 4ltr

Gearbox - Redline Shockproof - How much?

Diff - Any recommendations for what to use? - How much?

Brake fluid - Motul RBF 600 - How much?

If people are interested it might be worth posting the amounts for each Skyline as I couldn't find the information anywhere else on the forum?

Thanks

This is for a 33 GTR I presume the 32 would be similar amounts.

Engine - 5L fill it all the way up to the hump on the stick, helps with surging issues, I use 10W60 Edge

Box - Only use shockproof if your box is rooted, otherwise no need to, use Motul Gear300 approx 4L, fill till it come out the fill hole...

Diff - Some sort of good Hypoid GL-5 85W90 the motul one maybe just to stay the same :cheers: but probably need about 1.5L and same deal you fill it till it come out the fill hole

Brake Fluid - RBF600 is the shit, to do a full system flush buy at least 2 bottles......

Hope this helps.....also while your at it all I found putting a good synthetic ATF fluid in the steering makes a world of difference. And also might wanna look into doing the transfer case while your at it all :D

Thanks for your response.

Why not use shockproof for the box? How about 75W90 instead?

As for the diff (front open diff, rear LSD) Some say LSD oil all round while others say

I am getting different advice on the Transfer Case, I have heard to use a high temp ATF, Nissan Matic D, synthetic ATF? What about volume of ATF?

Thanks again

4.2L for the engine.

As I stated there is a reason I use more than what nissan recommend which is actually 4.5L not 4.2L. Any reason you are recomending to use less oil?

Godzillr:

I can't remember what the reason for not using it in a good box was just remember someone explaining it to me, I think if you have a read of it on the redline site it actually says it's for use in worn gearboxes. I think the motul300 is a 75W90 Oil.

Just had a quick look through my R32 manual and it says Nissan Matic D which is the Nissan Auto Trans Fluid. High Temp, Synthetic, Matic D will all do the same job. Just get a good Synthetic one and it will match or better the properties of Matic D and will also be High Temp. I like the Motul Synthetic ATF. just fill everything up to the fill hole, transfer case wouldn't be any more than 2L I think.

^ Reasons?

Just been having a quick look at the redline website, I can find it mentioned anywhere, but the customer testimonials, both people are using it in damaged/worn boxes as a sort of 'quick fix'.....just a thought I suppose, unless some can shed some more light on this?