SAU Community

R34 Gtt Year And Model Differences

Hello all,

Im am the proud new owner of a R34 gtt. I am suffering from a little bit of confusion about the production year of my car. My importer originally said it was a 98', however this was later changed to a 99'. It is registered as a 99' however the production stamp says 98'. Is there a definitive way of telling the difference?

cheers,

jeff>

Hello all,

Im am the proud new owner of a R34 gtt. I am suffering from a little bit of confusion about the production year of my car. My importer originally said it was a 98', however this was later changed to a 99'. It is registered as a 99' however the production stamp says 98'. Is there a definitive way of telling the difference?

cheers,

jeff>

Get the VIN and enter it into FAST - this is the definite way to find out the year/month the car was made.

Get the VIN and enter it into FAST - this is the definite way to find out the year/month the car was made.

Cool...errr i dont know what FAST is. Im assuming its some sort of database. Help! :D

cheers,

Jeff>

• 5 years later...

hey iam soon to purchases my first skyline r34 gtt 2000 model, test drove it the other day and it was off its chains. but i was wondering what the differences are on the yr models [98-01] i've tried searching all over google but had no luck. If you guys know much about 34's let me know. Thanks

hey iam soon to purchases my first skyline r34 gtt 2000 model, test drove it the other day and it was off its chains. but i was wondering what the differences are on the yr models [98-01] i've tried searching all over google but had no luck. If you guys know much about 34's let me know. Thanks

Off its chains? :blink: I must be getting old..... At least you used the search function to find this thread :)

Anyway, try this one - http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/405704-r34-gtt-series-1-vs-series-2/

also this private seller told me the R34 has 3 yr warranty on it since he bought it off a dealer thus, if i check the VIN through redbook would all the history of the car be shown?

and can the warranty be used once i transfer the car over to my name? Thanks guys