Sore arse! WTF? did they engage in man sex with the St eddy boys. :D

As my son says. St Peter Claver FTW. :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dale's silver 33 gtst came off the rollers last night. standard engine with gtrs turbo, 550 jectors, gtr fuel pump, plenum, fmic and zorst.

255 rwkw at only 1 bar of boost and an excellent delivery.

Unfortunately dale wont get to enjoy it for a bit as his hicas crapped itself on the way home and the car is steering like a drunk on stilts. could be a good thing too with greasy roads and an extra 100 hp. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

hahah yea :P, Well managed to fix the hicas up abit, but the suspension is still stuffed :unsure:

Lost the internet for a while so was unable to update. Tune went very well, as Noel said. Car has a very linear powercurve. very nice to drive, As said also Suprisingly with only 14 psi made 255rwkw, on a safe tune.

highly Recommend Mick from Signature. :)

chucked it on a dyno down here in bris and it reads 10kw higher. So I doubt Micks dyno is happy at all. Infact i think its smack on accurate.

regards,

dale.

RB25 stock ecu cannot be edited, I think however the R34 neo rb25's can recieve the "dr drift" style remap chip...

You could however use something like an apexi safc to map the afm's which can be quite benificial, however it depends on how far you wanta go with your car in the future.

R33 owners/RB25 users go for aftermarket ECU's, must commonlly the apexi powerfc as its easy to use and very cheap in compairson to others on the market.

However that said, its a bit hard finding them at the right price these days as apexi have stopped production of the ecu due to lack of supply of a certain chip from Nec.

yeh i knew all that, thats common knowledge these days, i can get pfc tomorrow if i wanted but iv got the car where i want it, but iv heard that production of the chips that can be used for rb25 ecu's has started again, well you could always get them but they were way to expensive equaled roughly same as install n tune of a pfc plus alot o dikin round..

anyways i went there today n hittin up a power run tomorrow to check my afr's n shit.. car isnt in ideal dyno state at the moment but iv got parts here waiting to put on so would like to se before and after runs

There are options for tuning the stock R33 ECU but they require working 3 chips at once and not many tuners do that. About the only I know that might is Dr Drift, but that isn't a recommendation.

Take a look at the ways some guys are approaching using a GTR32/33 PFC to overcome the lack of supply. There is info around the forum.

Yeah Geoff "Dr Drift" did have a solution for the stock R33 ECU however it was easier and cheaper to buy a pfc and tune it.

So in short it was deemed a non-practical exercise, plus most tuners know the pfc and can tune them well with a datalog as where the dr drift stuff is not distributed all that well.

You have limited options to getting that tuned in QLD, I believe Mercury is the only place that can as they bought the rights/software to it in QLD or something like that.

2gceffy, so your just dyno'ing to check where you at before you play with it yes? So what are you asking when you say "Does anyone know about stock ECU's?

As I must have missunderstood what your asking when giving my first responce.

just curious to see what he is knowledgable in, i started makin a 300zx ecu into rb25 but couldnt be bothered ay i lost interest, you only need to swap round some pins and piss off a heap. the 300zx runs vct so you can tune it to rb25 very easily and you can rom tune them like r32,s13 ect im lookin to running a high flow again n that so might try it again one day......

prob should start back up on that ahahah