SAU Community

Legal Headlights

Fitting aftermarket HID kits is illegal regardless of colour.

That being said, I wouldn't go anything over 6000K if I didn't want to risk getting pulled over just because of my headlights.

all illegal sorry dude, you'll risk others safety, your safety and void your insurance/get pulled over

retrofitting to HID is the only option, which involves taking the projector from a factory HID car and putting it into your headlight housing

I'm doing mine at the moment, I'll be using a 4300k bulb(white light)

Retrofitting is illegal aswell as far as I know. :(

If you're going to get an HID kit, get 4300k. You can tell easily 6000k are aftermarket. I've got them and they look ricey in my opinion.

haha not here in NZ :( oh yeah :)

states in our warrant of fitness checks(hid are illegal unless retrofitted with an OEM projector :))

I think HIDs standard are illegal in Australia too? well ones without self levelling and washers(R34 xenons etc)

the only cars that are allowed them would be the european cars?

haha looks like it?

is that an HID kit? because that is quite a lot of glare, you sure that's not on fullbeam?

you must get flashed all the time

This explains why they are illegal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVuSSdZNsZw

You could alwasy get GTR R34 Xenon lights for yours and sell off the PNP kit and headlights, or go custom retrofit

www.hidplanet.com/forums/

Like Ronin09 did, he did a very nice job too, no glare and a sharp cutoff

Edited by skybarge

Oh true if if had the factory HID xenon lenses then it should be sweet :(, probably just lense flare off the cellphone :)

it's when people start putting them in halogens when the problems happen :), i've seen quite a few 32's and 33s round here blind the crap out of me with HIDs :S

Oh true if if had the factory HID xenon lenses then it should be sweet :D, probably just lense flare off the cellphone :)

it's when people start putting them in halogens when the problems happen :), i've seen quite a few 32's and 33s round here blind the crap out of me with HIDs :S

hahaha yeah ive been blinded a few times, but yeah, mine came stocko, i just wanted blueish :)

I've got an HID kit installed in my 32 and haven't been flashed so far. I guess the kit is better in the projector housing than it is in the reflectors. I kind of regret buying the kit, but I couldn't see anything without it.

Any light that is over 4,600K - I got 4,500K bulbs on - they look really bright and nice... but I know I won't get burnt for them... so yeah... HID's are nice no doubt about that... but why risk getting pulled over and possibly defected just for your driving lights?

• 2 weeks later...

had my lights in for almost about 16 to 18 months, have had no cop trouble for em. and ive been pulled over well over 12 times since installing (most at night) and no mention of lights.

cops are too stupid. its the department of transport guys that i heard f**k you up for em :)